Highly recommended watch

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I watched that a good while ago, and instantly remembered what it was all about from just reading the name.
Yeah, definitely a good watch. Shame it wasn't longer.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I don't know if it was this post or someone in discord or someone else but, around during this time
someone told me about it and watched it, was really great.
That vs Black Mirror... I prefer LDR.

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The Citizen Skyhawk or G-Shock GW-2310 are two watches I'd highly recommend.

*looks up the Citizen* Holy hell it wasn't that expensive when I got mine!

EDIT - Okay I just went and read the thread I totally got the wrong end of the stick there.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD

EDIT - Okay I just went and read the thread I totally got the wrong end of the stick there.
For that price, I'd recommend buying a laptop. Already have a laptop? Buy another one, put a full screen screensaver that shows the time on, and hang it on the wall.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger

LOL! I did exactly the same thing! I have quite a watch collection and a fascination with time, yet I'm always late for everything!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
LOL! I did exactly the same thing! I have quite a watch collection and a fascination with time, yet I'm always late for everything!
I used to collect but the maintenance costs started to get prohibitive so I chose a couple of solar-powered radio-controlled and have stuck with them :)

For that price, I'd recommend buying a laptop. Already have a laptop? Buy another one, put a full screen screensaver that shows the time on, and hang it on the wall.
I'd need to hang it on my wrist and not need wi-fi or a dataplan :)

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
If you have Netflix, check out Love, Death & Robots episode 'Lucky 13'. I am watching it again after I post this
View attachment 14814
Watched it again a couple of days ago on my new monitor, to check out if the CG is as good as I thought it was when watching first time on iPad. In some scenes on iPad, I couldn't tell if it was CG or real footage. Now I saw it's all CG, but damn it looks awesome! Love this episode, even though most ppl around me didn't, cos they didn't understand the ship-pilot relationship, it didn't resonate with them the way it does with us space-folk.

Back half a year/year before LDR was released, my friend who works at Digic Pictures changed his facebook profile pic to him holding a PPSH gun. Now I know why lol Some of my ex-colleagues/friends works at Digic, who made the russian-soldiers vs beasts episode! Also made the CG inside the fridge in the mini-world episode.
I need to get that guy more drunk next time, he didn't tell a thing before the movie was out lol

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'd need to hang it on my wrist and not need wi-fi or a dataplan :)
The laptop doesn't need wi-fi or a dataplan for displaying time, and just imagine the workout you'd get by hanging the laptop from your writs all day. You'll be a regular hulk in no time! That's like, killing ALL the birds with one stone. It's a bird-overkill-stone.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The laptop doesn't need wi-fi or a dataplan for displaying time, and just imagine the workout you'd get by hanging the laptop from your writs all day. You'll be a regular hulk in no time! That's like, killing ALL the birds with one stone. It's a bird-overkill-stone.
Oh, i'm not looking for any +5 / -5 second a month timpeice. I want my time to be accurate, which requires a link to the atomic clocks.

Although thinking about the wrist-laptop plan, it would give me a TOTALLY buff arm... but only the left one.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Oh, i'm not looking for any +5 / -5 second a month timpeice. I want my time to be accurate, which requires a link to the atomic clocks.

Although thinking about the wrist-laptop plan, it would give me a TOTALLY buff arm... but only the left one.
Well, you can carry a small generator on your right hand, it'll provide electricity for the laptop and your righthand will also get totally buffed. And if you're ever about to get mugged, hitting someone with a generator would be kinda epic self defence.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, you can carry a small generator on your right hand, it'll provide electricity for the laptop and your righthand will also get totally buffed. And if you're ever about to get mugged, hitting someone with a generator would be kinda epic self defence.
It's ideas like this which could really go far in TEST Weapons Research Lab. Is there any room for adding a 1950's style rotary phone strapped to the head for cranial protection/cold calling ones enemies?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
It's ideas like this which could really go far in TEST Weapons Research Lab. Is there any room for adding a 1950's style rotary phone strapped to the head for cranial protection/cold calling ones enemies?
Don't forget that you have to carry fuel for the generator! Keep it in small canisters on your back to balance the load, and you can also lob them at your enemies Molotov style!

Forgot your password?