Holy oiled-sneakers Batman, we forgot to introduce ourselves!

Rottingmeat

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2017
RSI Handle
RottingMeat
RottingMeat here...I've been playing video games on both console (since the Atari VCS was released - all praise to Star Raiders) and computer (Commodore VIC-20) and have enjoyed beer ever since my dad taught me how to pronounce Löwenbräu in the 80s. I hail from the great state of Colorado in the United States in which I fully enjoy all of the seasons the come our way here.

First games: Pong/Combat on Atari, Adventure Land Adventure on VIC-20

There is a lot that drew me to Star Citizen and I really can't say what I am looking forward to the most. I could say I've been playing Chris Roberts' games since the Wing Commander series and have a strong desire to complete the evolution. I'm also looking forward to a game that is evolutionary in not only the space-combat, space-trade genres, but the MMO arena as well. Some of the concepts that are being introduced make sense in a "real world" aspect, but how to implement them in a game and make it fun is really not heard of. Everyone could technically find a way to enjoy it, from the "Farmville masses who want to have fun tending to crops or some other micromanaging task" to the "I be a degenerate pirate with an unheard of vocabulistic library for an unruly sot" to the "I just want to run commodities from one location to another and very slowly amass my fortune". I believe I can sum it up as the scope is what drew me to it...and the people. "Gaming" and "Gamers" have reached a stage where the variety of folks that get together in an MMO is amazing...and we seem to get along to get tasks completed. I have a Freelancer, it is the pickup of space in Star Citizen. It can get the job done hauling, exploring, etc. It might run into trouble with some of the more nimble ships out there, but hopefully the missiles and cannons will help keep those at bay long enough for me to bug out.

Other games I like to play will vary with my mood. I have two daughters, and the oldest absolutely loves playing video games with her Daddy...which is great because I can fully use that as an excuse to get her a computer, get her a PS4, get her a Wii U...don't hold the Wii U against me. It almost means I get to play games with her that I get to call family time. We will typically play Minecraft together, but I imagine at some point I'll be able to convince my wife I need to get my daughter a starter pack for Star Citizen. I don't mind video game grind. So perhaps you could say some of my favorite games I like to play involve management or some form of grind and will spread across multiple genres. Already established is my love for space "flight sims", but I also enjoy War Thunder, Fallout 4, Skyrim, 7 Days to Die, StarCraft II, Factorio, a lot of Final Fantasy games, and such a large hodgepodge of other Early Access, Indie, or other games that it would be too long of a list. You wanna know if a particular game is one I enjoy playing, just ask.

I first heard about Test Squadron when I was going through Twitch trying to find some streamers and what their content was. A good friend of mine (who also joined recently - MobileChaos), has been talking about streamers and such so much this past year that I decided I would start watching more and seeing what I could learn. I came across a stream by Montoya, some other streams from other members, and was like..."I don't have a solid Org yet" and I took a closer look. I like beer, I like Star Citizen, and this org sounded like a solid one to have fun in. I guess that's it.

As for which Star Trek captain gets my vote and which "reality"...I'm probably going to be called out for the chickenshit answer but they are all good for their own time periods. However, both Kirks get the babes. So if I have to choose...I will choose both Kirks...besides, Kirk also drinks more beer...Picard is such a Romulan Ale kinda guy. There...Kirk...both of them. They would be awesome to go out drinking with...and they would kick ass in Star Citizen.

Forgot your password?