Hoverquad Incoming

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Looks like a new Consolidated Outlands Hoverquad is being showcased to an exclusive audience:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I gots my jpg X1, don't need a Jank Tank :like:
I too have an X1 Force, but I've to say that from Morphologis' video that quad have a trilling sound while moving, too much like the Starwars racepod of the EP. 1 to be ignored... damn CIG sound artist...

EDIT - Actually, hey where my X1? Why a new Jank when we gots concept rides waiting in the wings for Live?
Becouse you already payed for the X1, now is time to pay for this one... marketing baby...
BTW the X1 (hope the entire series) is on the progress traker for this year release, like 3rd quarter if I remember correctly.
It could also be nice to have the Thumbril one too...

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Aye, I took it as the 'Quad sacrifices weapons for storage.

Its not all bad. My grandmother might be interested in it to haul her knitting.

But I might hold off for the Quad Steel edition. There will be room for at least two sized-one 'door' guns and NPC gunners standing on the large front quads.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given that it has no weapons & potentially no shields based on what I've heard from others, I'm hoping that the CO HQ will be priced right. Has anybody heard if it's able to fit inside & operate with ships like the Titan or not? If so, that'll be a good reason to pick 1 up there.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Given that it has no weapons & potentially no shields based on what I've heard from others, I'm hoping that the CO HQ will be priced right. Has anybody heard if it's able to fit inside & operate with ships like the Titan or not? If so, that'll be a good reason to pick 1 up there.
View: https://youtu.be/WN-OEOlyStk

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm disappointed that there's so much difficulty in fitting the HQ into the Titan. I'm hoping that the devs can get that sorted out because this looks like a perfect beginner transport & a lot of new players will be either starting out in Titans or upgrading into a Titan from their starter ships. Another ship that I was hoping this could've fit inside of are the 300i & 315p.

Do we have an idea of it's price in the shop?
I'm hoping that this will land somewhere between the base tumbril bikes & the Dragonfly due to its lack of weapons & shields.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm betting it will be 60 bucks at least. It's new it's fresh, CIG be really greedy recently.
Also, inflation is a thing so...
It's strange, the 400i and Ralien were, for what they were (one being a luxury craft and the other something which would usually carry the Alien Premium) really accessable price wise. Then the Cutty S came along and did a 600i.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I'm betting it will be 60 bucks at least. It's new it's fresh, CIG be really greedy recently.
They have, and I guess we'll see how greedy they're feeling now in the next day or two.

Side question - anyone know when RSI/CIG's financial year ends? I can't really tell but it looks like it might be the calendar year, 1 Jan - 31December. Maybe the pressure to hit a sales/fundraising target is seasonal and we just moved from 'year-end push for a big finish' to 'business as usual'?

But CIG marketing surely heard the community suck their collective teeth at the price of the Steel. I don't know how well it sold, but if it didn't sell too well as a result of being overpriced, CIG Marketing may take note of that. Also, a better point of reference for Hoverquad pricing than the Steel, Railen and 400i could be the Spartan, recently on sale for USD $65 with LTI. It's not for sale just now so they're not going head-to-head, but even pessimistically, how could the Hoverquad be priced any more than $50? Like most here I'd guess quite a bit less. The Spartan is a lot more vehicle than the Hoverquad.

[Edit: If it's expensive, can I claim first dibs on calling it the Hooverquid?]

Forgot your password?