How about some propaganda?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Your use of shadowing around the text to keep it readable and consistent makes me happy.
Thanks! I had to kind kludge that effect in. I'm trying to find a program that can do it naturally.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Thanks! I had to kind kludge that effect in. I'm trying to find a program that can do it naturally.
Photoshop and GIMP (and almost any other professional photo editor) will have a feature called "text shadow". It's how I create text outlines on my images and is a huge time saver.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Is GIMP still a nightmare to work with? Last time I even tried futzing with it was around a decade ago.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Is GIMP still a nightmare to work with? Last time I even tried futzing with it was around a decade ago.
Personally, I do not like it. However I'm used to Photoshop so it's not a matter of functionality (although there are some differences), but the interface is completely different to what I'm used to, so finding equivalent tools is a pain. If you can't get a copy of Photoshop and want to do things that the really simple image editors can't do then it's really amazing.

If you're just wanting to do something simple (like text shadowing, simple composition, etc) then there are more than enough tutorials to learn how to do whatever you might want.

Forgot your password?