How did you vote in the next wave 4 ship poll, and why?

How did you vote in the next wave 4 ship poll?

• Search and Rescue

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Passenger Liner/ Transport

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Boarding/ Assault

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Recon

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I didn't, because I'm a free spirit on the wind

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Progger

Captain
Donor
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Prog
For me it came down to the ship I felt would add richness to the 'verse, so I voted for the passenger liner.
With the current line-up of ships, we don't seem to have anything suited to the task of mass NPC/ player transport and, obviously, the passenger liner would fill the gap perfectly. In my opinion at least, it's very refreshing to see more diversity in the potential roles we can play, and that there is more to the game than combat roles. ALL GLORY TO THE SPACE BUS!

Additionally,

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
I don't get the Passenger Liner. It's like train/euro truck simulator, in space.

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
i voted passenger liner because boarding ship is going to probably win, and i think another SAR ship or scout ship would be redundant.

Also i think it would be fun to hijack a passenger liner from within. maybe a small FPS team sneaks on-board with some weapons of some kind and then start attacking internal ships systems in an attempt to gain control and crash it into a star or something. you know, send a message.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I've been voting for boarding & assault ship since the votes for wave 4 ships have been live.

Other than a Party Boat for just hanging out with folks and cruising the cosmos, I'd like get a tactical ship up and running, fill it with TESTes and Twitch viewers, then bring the pain to those who prefer no lube when being entered. :D

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I signed up for the flight sim action, not the FPS stuff

I voted Recon ship

Rainea

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Rainea
Passenger liner/transport. I like the idea of filling up with players and npcs and re-enacting the Titanic with an asteroid.

Reactions: SeungRyul

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I voted for passenger transport since, more or less, we have the other types available to vote on:

Search and rescue: Cutlass Red
Boarding/assault: Cutlass, Redeemer, Caterpillar
Recon: Hornet Ghost

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
I voted for the recon because the way I see it is the boarding ship is something we already have, the search and rescue just got here in the cut red and the liner is something that's going to be outragously priced around that of the jump. The recon is likely to be a small ship and have a lower cost to it.

MammonLord

The Gatekeeper
May 10, 2014
RSI Handle
mammon
The Cutlass Red and forthcoming hospital ship are search and rescue.
The Cutlass and Caterpillar are boarding ships.
The Phoenix and 890 JUMP are passenger transport.

Ergo, I voted Recon since the closest we have to that is the Hornet Ghost. I just want to zip around fast and undetected!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm the weirdo, I voted for a search and rescue ship. Because being a DD is cool move. Just let us tractor your ship in to dock, and we'll drive you home safe and sound.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I went with the passenger liner. More or less just to add more depth to the game.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Wow, I went passenger liner too - didn't think it would be so popular. Pretty much just because we don't have a dedicated one yet. One could argue that many of our other ships could be used for that purpose, but I'd like to see a space bus. Recon was my close 2nd choice.

Forgot your password?