How display FPS and other system data while playing

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I know we used to be able to set a customer user.cfg with various r_ commands, is there a way to do this in PTU?

'Gimp

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I use MSI afterburner so I can see all my cores and temps and GPU cores/temps and true FPS.
The console will give you an inflated FPS that isn't super accurate most of the time.
I dunno why, it just does.
~ to open console

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Thanks DG and Sraika.

'Gimp

Reactions: Sraika

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
If you have an Nvidia card, you can have GeForce Experience display your frames...as well as record video, etc. It is a little more unobtrusive than the r_DisplayInfo method, and doesn't give you any extraneous info (although in PTU type testing, have the Memory display can be helpful, like in the previous build when I could see memory usage was ballooning).

Last edited:

ThomBozworth

Vice Admiral
Nov 30, 2017
RSI Handle
ThomBozworth
If you have an Nvidia card, you can have GeForce Experience display your frames...as well as record video, etc. It is a little more unobtrusive than the r_DisplayInfo method, and doesn't give you any extraneous info (although in PTU type testing, have the Men display can be helpful, like in the previous build when I could see memory usage was ballooning).
Yeah I like the memory display in PTU as well. And I can't prove it, but I feel like GeForce slows things down.

Forgot your password?