how do u guys meet up in space?

Crashtestdummy

Space Marshal
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Crashtestdummy
i can't find any info on this so...

how do any of you meet up in space? i can't find an org chat ingame and i just get randomly thrown in an instance with usually non-TEST boring people that i usually kill at port olisar by ramming them with my connie...

i'd like to do some more stuff together with this org... like forming a penis shaped fleet with a caterpillar as center ejaculating people

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
So here's the deal:

Open your "friends list" in game by hitting f11.
Then free the mouse cursor with right alt/
Then add your friends handles, hit enter after each name, you will be given a confirmation in green text when the player handle is correct.
Now you must re-log, this means closing the CIG launcher also. I personally tend to reboot my PC as well, as it's an alpha there can be "cobwebs" occurring constantly.

Now once you re-log into SC you should have "x friends on server" when you go to join Crusader. once these names have been entered into your friends list Arena Commander and Star Marine will also have the same "friends lists" (I think it is also possible to do all of this from the Arena Commander screen).

Once you have this roster of in game cool people, you'll be less likely to get thrown in with some goons.

Also I have found that the easiest way to know exactly which friends i'm joining on the server is to use the hanger module, go to the elevator/exit and go to Crusader, you will be given a list of servers to join.

Also whisper in chat is: /tell(player handle)
I use it to launch surprise attacks, and to instigate fights.

-Cheers,

-EDIT: Hanger Module no longer allows access to Crusader or Arc Corp, also in 2.6.1 it is fairly impossible to distinguish between instances populated by specific friends, the only successful way I have found has been to create a party between friends, then it appears more likely to get into one another's instance.

Last edited:

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I tried using some of them social media apps where I swipe up or down based on if I want to meet these people in space. Had a lot of luck with tinder but it was all extremely hot women who had no interest in star citizen and just my joy stick.... no thank you ma'am.

Discord works too though......

(Disclaimer I have not used or ever used tinder or any online dating thing since I have been married longer than the internet.... this message is for the wife if she ever reads it. Hahaha)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I avoid everyone at all costs, and make up excuses like;
-The army sent me away on course
-I'm renovation my house to sell
-I'm in the middle of moving my family 3600 km across the county
-I have no internet installed yet
-etc etc etc.

Avoids the messiness of having to actually talk to people and do stuff.

:P

Please God let this damn move be done soon so I can play the Star ship game with my friends again.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
-etc etc etc.
Please God let this damn move be done soon so I can play the Star ship game with my friends again.
I can confirm he does this exact set of excuses to me.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin

how do any of you meet up in space? i can't find an org chat ingame and i just get randomly thrown in an instance with usually non-TEST boring people that i usually kill at port olisar by ramming them with my connie...

i'd like to do some more stuff together with this org... like forming a penis shaped fleet with a caterpillar as center ejaculating people
Naked and with 'corporate efficiency'.

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
-etc etc etc.

1 : Tell your commander that you are too good for that course
2 : Hire more slaves
3 : Hire even more slaves
4 : steal neighbours internet
5 : etc etc etc

besides, i would actually like to hang out with you online at some time... :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
1 : Tell your commander that you are too good for that course
2 : Hire more slaves
3 : Hire even more slaves
4 : steal neighbours internet
5 : etc etc etc

besides, i would actually like to hang out with you online at some time... :smile:
Soon. For real! We take possession of our house the 7th. Our stuff should arrive with the movers sometime between the 8th and the 15th.

So soon this last combined six months of course away from home, prepping to move (over Christmas), coming out East and starting work while my family stays back west, and moving across Canada will be over.

I need a nap. Preferably with my family close by. Haha.

Reactions: Dalarast

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

What @Eamon_Flannigan wrote. Make sure to add a bunch of european TESTies, otherwise you have to play 2-4 a.m. in the mornings :D

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?