How do you like some S10 turrets at Port Olisar?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Thank you for the review.

Side note: Think it's funny someone think there is a need for a internal warning system on station to warn that there is havoc and mayhem outside station.
They have not played the game for a long time.

As you can clearly hear from inside stations when there is a battle outside and gun fire from the station at observation deck etc.
If stations get these updated turrets in those sizes, there is no way you gonna miss there is mayhem going on and you might not want to spawn a ship at the moment.

Think some peps overthink things and very short term, most players need to stop playing it like it's a full released game and they be much more happy playing it.

CHEERS!

🍻

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
@Montoya... you are on a content tear (very good thing)! I like the ideas... as you said, they can be tweaked as needed and having an idea is better than no ideas at all.
Trying to get into as rhythm here. With the kids back in school, I can get my mornings free to put out a video.

When the game is actually out, this time will be spent in-game, either streaming or doing some content for the org about whats happening with our vast empire.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I've read the post from Molly and it is interesting also a S10 turret I assume it cnould easily get rid of any ship currently in game in 1-2 shot...
I've some concern 'tho about the effectivness of the system: currently turrets are "not very accurate" (aka they shoot almost random) I hope they fix that otherwise the defese system will be an extreamly expensive firework shooter.

The post olso only mention reststop, I wonder if Mollly generally mean all space station (including space port) or only proper reaststop: in the first case I fear PO will became a complete lawless area: there is no way the current PO will support that amount of firepower required by this system.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
We all know that from time to time, somebody will be treating that cannon's barrel like the classic blazing saddles portion with the bomb.
Say your car got hit with a howitzer... would it survive. That said howitzers are not that accurate to hit moving targets, well, lets look at real tech, https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a33971111/us-army-howitzer-shoots-down-simulated-missile/ ... moving forward the imagination is the only limit... although I would argue that shields are pretty out there... nano bots are not.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I've read the post from Molly and it is interesting also a S10 turret I assume it cnould easily get rid of any ship currently in game in 1-2 shot...
I've some concern 'tho about the effectivness of the system: currently turrets are "not very accurate" (aka they shoot almost random) I hope they fix that otherwise the defese system will be an extreamly expensive firework shooter.

The post olso only mention reststop, I wonder if Mollly generally mean all space station (including space port) or only proper reaststop: in the first case I fear PO will became a complete lawless area: there is no way the current PO will support that amount of firepower required by this system.
I think once you see how it's is being implemented, it will make much more sense to you. And as a point, did you ever run Pirate swarm after they first brought the Connie's into it? Those 2 turrets were *DEADLY* as the NPC's were getting near 95% hit rate and were quickly nerfed. So the gunnery isn't an issue.. they can balance it where they want. How the Law portion of it will play out is a more interesting question, and where I think the exploits will show up.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
GOOD....bumping up the size on station turrets is great. Now if they could just get them to NOT shoot in a cone it would be even better. I've watched them shooting at someone's 600i that was left when they logged out. The turret doesn't simply shoot in a random cone but rather it walks the rounds in a circle with the ship in the center. So picture you have a ship targeted and you simply move the reticle in a circle around the ship....that's what these turrets were all doing. About three out of 20 or 30 shots actually landed.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I agree, but I simply had to make the point. On that note, I wish BAE should be banned from the US based on their track record with veterans. I know you are thinking, where the hell did that come from.. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-15949418.
Ah, that makes sense & I agree with the Sgt in that article. It's a well known & documented fact that the Pakistani gov't & military support terrorist organizations, which was proven when the US SEAL Team 6 eliminated Osama Bin Laden inside his compound in Pakistan. This BAE don't need to be banned from the US though, they deserve to be put on trial for treason against the US as well as war crimes for rendering support to terrorists. In this case though, I'd settle for taking ALL of their leadership that thought it would be a wise investment to sell to those with ties to terrorist groups, dislocate all of the joints in their limbs & feet them to hungry hogs while they're alive. Make a severe example of them. Then again, I'm just a fluffy & fuzzy Ewok looking person. I have no authority in anything, but I am honest to a fault.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So, S10 Turrets on stations.

It'll depend on maximum range and the projectile speed over that distance as to how potent that's going to turn out to be. You won't need the turret to be able to turn quickly if it can hit at 12/15km out, an adjustment of a few degrees should be sufficient to cover a huge area - I would expect 3x S10 turrets on a station like the big guns on a battleship (I'm thinking a liniar station like Olisar, perhaps the odd shaped ones will have more) so if one turret could one-shot you, the 3 should be able to just obliterate most anything that comes near it.

Because of the multiple turrets and the requirement of a station to push back or destroy a target at range before it gets too close to become a problem, I'd choose a Beam Weapon. As it's a beam it'll have the highest projectile speed - instantaneous - but a lot lower DPS potential, but as it's an S10, there are multiple, and if it can keep you in that beam with good targeting which should be easy for a Station Defense System, that's a constant stream of damage.

I'd expect ships to need to drop out of Quantum a heck of a lot further out than they are at the moment for the station S10's to be effective though. Like an Arrow blowing the parts off a Connie, if a ship gets close enough to the station and starts to orbit it, it will be able to just evade those big slow guns. I suppose that's where the security forces ships will come into it, though...?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

I'd expect ships to need to drop out of Quantum a heck of a lot further out than they are at the moment for the station S10's to be effective though. Like an Arrow blowing the parts off a Connie, if a ship gets close enough to the station and starts to orbit it, it will be able to just evade those big slow guns. I suppose that's where the security forces ships will come into it, though...?
I think the smaller turret (S7...small...yeah...) are there for that reason: if the hostile ship came to close to be effectivly engage by the bug gunz then there is a forest of small turret to take care of them, they maybe provede a great treat as a single turret, but large number that's another story.

Forgot your password?