How many of your got the Cutlass Red?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I know Krystal picked on up, but how many others got the Red variant?

There will be the hospital ship which is essential to fleet ops, we will get that for the org hangar, but these smaller SAR ships will be essential in smaller ops.

Has it been discussed how this mechanic will work? If you eject, does the SAR ship pick you up?

Then what?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

There will be the hospital ship which is essential to fleet ops, we will get that for the org hangar, but these smaller SAR ships will be essential in smaller ops.

Has it been discussed how this mechanic will work? If you eject, does the SAR ship pick you up?

Then what?
Cutlass Red is a permanent addition to the store just FYI. Only the Blue was limited.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I told myself I'd only get one if I could pilot it like I would an Ambulance in GTA. I also need a surgeon competent enough to perform onboard surgery. My hands aren't steady enough.

(Damn I can't manage to find the gif that has the ambulance flipping and all the tools flying out. This one is almost as good though!)

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I got a red atm, still not sure if its gona be a keepr or burner.
But like Black Sunder said, it's a permanent ship in the store, so i can always get one if needed.

How it's gona work?
Not really a clue to be honest...
But from what i have heared, we pick those wounded TESTies up and stabilize them and do some small stuff in the Whambulance like getting those broken beer bottle parts out of their body after a crash.
And deliver them to the Hospital ship for further (big) work like replace some limbs with mechanical bottle openers and pizza cutters (swiss army knife perhaps?)

I think like most of the stuff (mining, salvaging etc), we will need to wait a bit more further down the line for the mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Designated Drunk

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
But from what i have heared, we pick those wounded TESTies up and stabilize them and do some small stuff in the Whambulance like getting those broken beer bottle parts out of their boday after a crash.
TEST Ambulance is there to deliver last rights before termination. We're more like Orks than anything in organization.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Hurrah for the emergency booze-mobile!

I was tempted to get the blue, but then I remembered I'm still waiting for the Redeemer :c

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
but then I remembered I'm still waiting for the Redeemer :c
The aptly named TEST Redeemer variant has departed from usual protocol and norms. Serving as a mobile beer bar and lounge the TEST Redeemer serves all factions of the Greater Squadron in the same manner as the mobile chapels of the UEE. Only in Beer may a member of TEST redeem themselves after surviving a crash.

This has led to a rise of a new breed of TEST pilots who see it as their duty to provide this service to their fellow members and to keep their spirits high and intelligence low. These 'Chaplains, as it were, are charged with providing for the spiritual well being of TEST and provide as many drinks as is necessary to keep morale high.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I picked one up. Might end up melting it down for a Black and just shoving all the medical equipment in there, since I really dislike paying extra money to lose hardpoints.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark

Reactions: SkippyLeDoo

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
The aptly named TEST Redeemer variant has departed from usual protocol and norms. Serving as a mobile beer bar and lounge the TEST Redeemer serves all factions of the Greater Squadron in the same manner as the mobile chapels of the UEE. Only in Beer may a member of TEST redeem themselves after surviving a crash.

This has led to a rise of a new breed of TEST pilots who see it as their duty to provide this service to their fellow members and to keep their spirits high and intelligence low. These 'Chaplains, as it were, are charged with providing for the spiritual well being of TEST and provide as many drinks as is necessary to keep morale high.
Edit: Image won't embed -- http://www.designsketch.de/stuff/TNGS/2D_04.jpg

Cargo hold and crane perfectly made to hold and raise our spirits

RedjackQuisterJr

Rear Admiral
Sep 28, 2014
RSI Handle
redjack_quister_jr

Then what?

if you eject any capable ship can pick you up provided they find you

SAR ships are more preferred due to their scanners and also if you are in an escape pod most likely you are injured in which like the Cutlass Red it can patch you up good enough to reach planetside or Endeavor ship to have proper healing/recovery

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
if you eject any capable ship can pick you up provided they find you

SAR ships are more preferred due to their scanners and also if you are in an escape pod most likely you are injured in which like the Cutlass Red it can patch you up good enough to reach planetside or Endeavor ship to have proper healing/recovery
Hmmm... maybe i can convert my Reclaimer into a SAR ship.
Put in a good scanner, some seeker drones, a lot of room in the back to transform it into a medbay.
And don't forget "The Claw" in the front, nice to pick up those escape pods. (now only hope i don't squeeze to hard) :)

RedjackQuisterJr

Rear Admiral
Sep 28, 2014
RSI Handle
redjack_quister_jr
Hmmm... maybe i can convert my Reclaimer into a SAR ship.
Put in a good scanner, some seeker drones, a lot of room in the back to transform it into a medbay.
And don't forget "The Claw" in the front, nice to pick up those escape pods. (now only hope i don't squeeze to hard) :)

Yes that should be possible but as Hagrid said we might not be able to do that in PU launch :(

Progger

Captain
Donor
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Prog
I bought one, but not sure if I'll want to keep it or melt it when the next batch of retaliators come on sale. Picking up the inevitable sea of TEST pilots chilling out in the void during operation Pitchfork does sound fun however. :)

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT??!?!?!?!? DO I SEEM LIKE THE DOCTOR TYPE TO YOU?!? The ONLY CUTLASS WORTH HAVING IS THE BLACK.

.-

Reactions: Choppanob

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT??!?!?!?!? DO I SEEM LIKE THE DOCTOR TYPE TO YOU?!? The ONLY CUTLASS WORTH HAVING IS THE BLACK.

.-
I must say.... i like the hull of the red over the black, so glad we can paint those ships black if we want to.
But the cockpit of the red is cool, and i love all that tubing and lights around the ship... reminds me a lot of those Roll Bars for Pickup Trucks.
Only thing that i'm really gona miss though, is the missile hardpoint... but who knows what the future brings.

Forgot your password?