How to give a starting package to a friend

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
He guys:

Like the title says, I want to buy a starting package for a friend and give him to him as a gift. is there a way to do this properly?

Thanks
R

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
He guys:

Like the title says, I want to buy a starting package for a friend and give him to him as a gift. is there a way to do this properly?

Thanks
R
You could always get him a gift card for the amount the package costs, to make it simple.
best idea is to give him gift card together with the explanation of what to do to get access to both game and squadron 42 for 30 dollars (and save the rest for shiny LTI based ship )
IF you want your friend to use your referral code when they join up, then they will have to spend at least $40 on the account after creation for it to count as fully backed. If you purchase the starter package on your account & gift it to them, that purchase is still attributed to your account. So I recommend you give them a gift card with the funds to get themselves the starter package they want. I speak from personal experience in this as I've already encountered this myself. I hope that it will help you avoid the same issues that I ended up with back then.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
IF you want your friend to use your referral code when they join up, then they will have to spend at least $40 on the account after creation for it to count as fully backed. If you purchase the starter package on your account & gift it to them, that purchase is still attributed to your account. So I recommend you give them a gift card with the funds to get themselves the starter package they want. I speak from personal experience in this as I've already encountered this myself. I hope that it will help you avoid the same issues that I ended up with back then.
Just remember, the gift card is melted for the credits, it won't count as them spending money either. They have to purchase it using some type of real asset through their account, not credit.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
Actually in case of real friend - ask him to register his account using your reference link (help him but don't get his password ) and after that buy him a starting package using your credit card .. this is the best way :)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
All the above advice about Getting a full starter pack and gifting it, is the right way to do it.
Just do not claim that package for yourself by mistake lol.
Also, if you forgot to give your friend the referral code, contact support about it and they can fix it for you! I had to go through them twice to get it fixed, as I forgot both when I bought a pack for the wife and for a friend lol

Forgot your password?