Xist

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Here are some screen shots I took using this method.

My monitor is 1440p but these images are 2880p

ScreenShot0033.jpg ScreenShot0000.jpg ScreenShot0004.jpg ScreenShot0014.jpg ScreenShot0026.jpg ScreenShot0028.jpg

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Solution 2: get a 4k monitor run game in 4k. ^^

Maybe we should mention that DSR impacts your performance as if you would be running the game in native 4k. (maybe even slightly more)

Also why not 16 k? :P
I like this one better ^

4k FOR THE WIN!

No, but thanks for the guide Xist! Love seeing those screenshots!

Reactions: Bambooza

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I'm not saying you should always play in 4K (or in my case, 5K).

This is ONLY for taking beautiful screenshots which you then share with other people. It's really important to take high resolution screenshots if you want to blow them up and put them on the wall, for example, which is what I am doing.

@CosmicTrader after you do Step 4, you've instructed your GPU to render your screen as 4K. However it knows you only have a 1k monitor, and so basically before it outputs the image to your monitor it down-samples to 1K. It is pretending you have a 4K monitor for the render, and then it's essentially zooming out before it shares the image with your monitor. Other settings you will want to use with this: Change the size of text, apps and other items = 200%

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
If i remember right the whole video is based on single assumption: "everyone likes fast paced first person shooter with questionable texture details "

Also in b4 human eye can't see in 4k!
If you watch the whole video, he says that if the game is more cinematic, then 4k is what you would want.

The video is actually there to counter the assumption that "MOAR PIXELS is ALWAYS BETTER."

Of course, the actual answer is, "It depends." The video as actually quite good at going over when 4k s and isn't a good idea. But, you'd have to take 13 min out of your busy day to watch it (SPOILER --> you can play the video at 1.25 speed and it is still easy to follow).

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
If you watch the whole video, he says that if the game is more cinematic, then 4k is what you would want.

The video is actually there to counter the assumption that "MOAR PIXELS is ALWAYS BETTER."

Of course, the actual answer is, "It depends." The video as actually quite good at going over when 4k s and isn't a good idea. But, you'd have to take 13 min out of your busy day to watch it (SPOILER --> you can play the video at 1.25 speed and it is still easy to follow).
Im sorry maybe you missed that i was mostly shitposting and made fun. Also i really can't stand LTT. So i might have missed that Part in his video (watched it like one year ago)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Im sorry maybe you missed that i was mostly shitposting and made fun. Also i really can't stand LTT. So i might have missed that Part in his video (watched it like one year ago)
No worries, I'm 100% for shit posting!

Of course, LTT isn't for everybody, but he does have pretty good info, that is fairly well balanced (on the whole). Again, there is no "perfect" set-up, most people have limited money, and people should understand the trade-offs inherent to PC equipment (and not rely on the marketing blurbs by the manufacturers).

Forgot your password?