Howdy 07

Seventy Four

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Seventy_Four
Howdy,

First and foremost I'm looking to be in the space explodinatin' business. Otherwise I'm just a man whose looking to fly, while on fire, and with a hail of others. I've read that this is the place to be then. Already joined the Discord, and already joined here too apparently.

As far as a "space gaming career" I've been playing space MMO's since Earth & Beyond, Eve, and near about's that era. I've been an Egg Jockey since when the only ships that existed were "frigates".
As far as gaming in general? Well that all started in the late 80's with MUD's. Ye' olde black screen, and white texts. Have played every Wing Commander as they came out if it needs saying.

As far as drinking ale as though there's no end? Well I can't quite do that. The body finally said "No.". So it's specific hard liquors, and ciders for this spacetard. It certainly gets the job done though.

Currently own an ANVIL HAWK with LTI, plan to own a VULCAN with LTI also, and the Aurora nub standard. My wife will be joining me also, but more as a co-pilot of sorts. I won't push my luck beyond that. Between logistics, and fighters my goals are to have a flexible role filling capacity. Though I'd really like to explore repair, logi, and covert op aspects. Enough said I'd say. 07

Without Wax
Seventy Four

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
Welcome aboard senior. If your not sure about a specific ship, don't buy it, ask around the fellow members to lend it to you, I can assure you that you will be able to fly any ship in the game with our numbers. All you really need in this is an Aurora.
Don't forget that a lot of ships can't be operated solo and need a crew. Such as the Reclimer, Starefare, genesis, Hull c, d, e, t,th newly add Vulcan.

Seventy Four

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Seventy_Four
Welcome aboard senior. If your not sure about a specific ship, don't buy it, ask around the fellow members to lend it to you, I can assure you that you will be able to fly any ship in the game with our numbers. All you really need in this is an Aurora.
Don't forget that a lot of ships can't be operated solo and need a crew. Such as the Reclimer, Starefare, genesis, Hull c, d, e, t,th newly add Vulcan.
Thank you, and I really didn't know that ships could be passed about.
To be fair the Hawk is, and will always be my personal pleasure.

The idea behind the Vulcan is the Wife, myself, and +1. We already game with so many friends I figure it won't be hard to fill. I know not to try an afford a Reclaimer, or a Hammerhead, etc.
Though I have debated on the Two Person Reliant. Opinion on that?
Bare in mind I haven't bought a Vulcan, or core game package yet. (Maybe go Reliant Game package?)

[Edit] I don't plan to own a plethora of ships per-say, as more be a crew member for others. I would find love in hours aboard cargo, or logistics ships,etc. I'm a damn fine gunner in most games I've played also, and look forward to that aspect!

Any other advice when it comes to ships in general though?

Last edited:

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
For a game package, grab the Drake Cutlass Black package. Sell the Aurora and go Hawk, Vulcan, Cutlass.

The Reliant, while it looks badass, is an overpriced piece of shit. The Drake Cutlass is a great multirole ship and can easily be flown solo or with 2-3 people. And it only costs like $30 more than the Reliant game package.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Cutlass-Black

I currently own a Drake Cutlass package (the fancy concierge one with 60m insurance and a Dragonfly Yellow jacket), a Reclaimer, a Constellation, and a Vulcan. You're welcome to fly with me anytime, I'm bad at space pewpews :P

Last edited:

Seventy Four

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Seventy_Four
Wow, I've never had such a response in forums before! Thank you all first and foremost!

Sell the Aurora and go Hawk, Vulcan, Cutlass.
To be honest I was starting to lean towards a Cutlass since watching so many twitch channels play. I've since learned it's versatility. The Vulcan, being it's intro to the things I'd love to get into. Even later being crew of a larger vessel makes it attractive in that regard also. Thanks for the input.

Forgot your password?