CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I'd been running a week-long Twitch promo where I would give away an Arena Commander Starter Package at 300 followers. After starting last night's stream with 251 followers, that goal was completely obliterated and we hit over 370 in one night!

To make it even more absurd, a super spiffy follower by the name of Valensiakol offered to give away an AMD Mustang Omega Racer package if people donated $100 in one night. We ended up raising over $100 in donations in less than two hours, which is mind-boggling, and Valensiakol came through with the giveaway!

So big thanks to Montoya, Seung, Eminus, Wakapedia, BadNewsBaron and everyone else from TEST for contributing and helping me get my Twitch channel out to the masses. It's been a mesmerizing and slightly terrifying experience! LOL

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You deserve it Captain!

Twitch streaming used to be about watching some boring shmo with a good k/d play CS-GO.

Preferences are evolving, entertainment is changing, and your type of show is exactly what will define a quality twitch stream in the coming years.

People want to see game play, but we also want entertainment, free of big ego and elitist attitudes, and you sir have what it takes!

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
You have earned it Capt.
Also good to see that there are still nice people around... even outside our clan :)

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Guys, TEST pilot RussianJ stopped by my stream last night and completely blew it up. LOL

He was an unstoppable donation machine that basically made it impossible to talk or think about anything but nippledancing, which, of course, caused other people to start donating to see if I would have a complete meltdown on my stream due to the constant follower and donation alerts. Suffice it to say, it was absolutely hilarious and great fun. We eventually raised about $114 dollars in one night!

I have some future giveaways already covered, so my goal now is to use these donations and future ones to build a dedicated streaming PC, which will keep Star Citizen crashes from crashing my stream like what happened three times last night. It will also allow me to keep my Stream Assistant Bot online 24/7 as people have been asking for it a bunch.

Anyway, once again, thanks to TEST SQUARDON and RussianJ for keeping me on my toes and being crazy backers of my Twitch channel. Much appreciated. :)

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Glad to hear your stream is going so well! Unfortunately I'm not able to watch much, due to the scheduling time, but I try to stop in every now and then :)

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Awesome, RussianJ. Would you prefer to do this tonight or tomorrow for Friday Freebies?

Friday is the day I usually give out Star Citizen loot and Steam games and it usually draws a bigger crowd. Any preference?

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Your show, Your call. Let me know what you want to do.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
RussianJ, let's wait until tomorrow if that's cool with you. We'll make Freebies Fridays one of the biggest yet! :D

Come hang out tonight if you're free!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
RussianJ is still on fire this week! He got the ball rolling on a donation battle between viewers and hooked up an Arena Commander Starter Package for tonight's Friday Freebies giveaway.

Can someone figure out how I can teleport this man a beer? He truly deserves it.

Forgot your password?