Hurricane Irma Thread - Florida, Georgia, Alabama - Be Safe TESTies

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Irma is being tracked to impact the US East Coast. Some models are predicting it only clips the Coast, others have it running right into it starting at the Carolinas and going inland north from there. And now its tracked to go to Florida and hit it. Its a developing situation and its changing daily. You saw what Harvey did, though tbh Houston is built on a swamp anyway and is right on the coast.

In any case be looking out for this storm, prep your bug out bags, and be watchful as you need to.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/205908.shtml?cone#contents - NOAA 5 day track.
http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/models/gfsext/gfsext_atl_pwater.html - model is updated every 8 hours or so.

Last edited:

Kortheous

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2015
RSI Handle
kortheous
its current trajectory (based off NHC and weather.com) shows that it will pass into the gulf between cuba and florida.
Several of the models has it going north of the Bahamas and then towards North Carolina. However, if Irma does maneuver into the gulf and happens to hit Houston, I am going to open a Gondola service.

Seriously, this thing is going to be ugly so people that may be in it's path need to start preparing now. If you evacuate or stay, keep in mind that the gas stations and grocery stores will sale out of gas/food quickly.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
I just came back from vacation in Tennessee. My Dad lives in the western part of Virginia, I live in Chesapeake Va.
looks like I`ll be heading back to my Dad`s if this thing turns north-west. The bad thing about it is, on the model`s, this thing is so big that even
at the other end of the state, we would still be getting cat 1 winds. This thing is a monster. If you are in it`s path, don`t play with your life. GET OUT.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Irma is being tracked to impact the US East Coast. Some models are predicting it only clips the Coast, others have it running right into it starting at the Carolinas and going inland north from there. You saw what Harvey did, though tbh Houston is built on a swamp anyway and is right on the coast.

In any case be looking out for this storm and prep as you need to.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/205908.shtml?cone#contents - NOAA 5 day track.
http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/models/gfsext/gfsext_atl_pwater.html - model is updated every 8 hours or so.

Damn this look to be a CAT4 maby even worse before it reach Florida coastline... :thinking:
Looking at the estimated computer models they putting up it isn't looking good. :fearful:
Please stay safe and prepare all and anyone living in the area..
I I'll keep a strong hope this don't turn in to a major catastrophe and shore hope it dissipate a lot before reaching the coastline.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
its current trajectory (based off NHC and weather.com) shows that it will pass into the gulf between cuba and florida.
I said WORST CASE SCENARIO!

And....it looks like that may happen because the models show it drifting more west every day.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Here is a live earth view for those who want to keep a live tracking..

Current data at where it is now:
Date | 2017-09-04 11:00 Local ⇄ UTC <--- UTC or Local is time and data from where you click it on map
Data | Wind @ Surface <--- Indicate what Mode you selected
Scale | <--- Blue color almost no wind, purple is 200 km/h winds and white is well over 350+ km/h winds
Source | GFS / NCEP / US National Weather Service <--- From where the data is collected
Control | Now « – ‹ – › – » ⊕Grid▷HD <--- Make shore "Now " "play" and "HD" is active to see live
Mode | Air – Ocean – Chem – Particulates <--- Air active to see air data
Height | Sfc – 1000 – 850 – 700 – 500 – 250 – 70 – 10 hPa <--- Height Sfc is surface 850 is about 1000-1500 meter up wile 10 is top atmosphere before stratosphere.. 1K - 850 is where they mostly measure wind speed like on weather report if they do not say anything else..
Overlay | Wind – Temp – RH – WPD – 3HPA – CAPE <--- Wind to see wind speed etc..
| TPW – TCW – MSLP – MI – None
Projection | A – AE – CE – E – O – P – S – WB – W3 <--- "O" as in Orthographic view

You can click on "EARTH" down left corner and change want you want to see as in local or UTC, height or what overlay you want etc...
Click on the live map will place a small red ring from where data is measured from.
Click image to get to live or Link:https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-52.50,20.80,821/loc=-52.284,16.962

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
you had to say something...because it looks like it will do just that.
Yeah it shore does I been watching it the last 30+ min on live map..
And it picked up some serious speeds and it only seem to accelerate more at the moment, wind speed have gone from 140-200 km/h to 180-250 km/h at Surface to 1500 meter above see level as it getting closer to land...
This does Not look good.. :frowning2:

Reactions: Blind Owl

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
So my years of hurricane watching (and not *drinking*, but real hurricanes & watching)...

Hurricanes move very slowly, and this still could wind up anywhere. Now is a good time to double check your emergency prep, like, "do I have some bottled water to last everybody in the house 3 or 4 days" , "Do I have enough batteries & food," and "do I have a place to go if I have to leave", & "what do I bring with me" etc.

When this thing gets to Haiti, Cuba, then we will have a much better idea where it will go.If hit hits Cuba & lingers, it could even go to the Gulf of Mexico...if it skirts Cuba, it could then hit then just skirt the East Coast and go up to the North Atlantic.

It is interesting that the European models are more accurate, I guess they have been investing more in the satellites and tech.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Here is a live earth view for those who want to keep a live tracking..

Current data at where it is now:
Date | 2017-09-04 11:00 Local ⇄ UTC <--- UTC or Local is time and data from where you click it on map
Data | Wind @ Surface <--- Indicate what Mode you selected
Scale | <--- Blue color almost no wind, purple is 200 km/h winds and white is well over 350+ km/h winds
Source | GFS / NCEP / US National Weather Service <--- From where the data is collected
Control | Now « – ‹ – › – » ⊕Grid▷HD <--- Make shore "Now " "play" and "HD" is active to see live
Mode | Air – Ocean – Chem – Particulates <--- Air active to see air data
Height | Sfc – 1000 – 850 – 700 – 500 – 250 – 70 – 10 hPa <--- Height Sfc is surface 850 is about 1000-1500 meter up wile 10 is top atmosphere before stratosphere.. 1K - 850 is where they mostly measure wind speed like on weather report if they do not say anything else..
Overlay | Wind – Temp – RH – WPD – 3HPA – CAPE <--- Wind to see wind speed etc..
| TPW – TCW – MSLP – MI – None
Projection | A – AE – CE – E – O – P – S – WB – W3 <--- "O" as in Orthographic view

You can click on "EARTH" down left corner and change want you want to see as in local or UTC, height or what overlay you want etc...
Click on the live map will place a small red ring from where data is measured from.
Click image to get to live or Link:https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-52.50,20.80,821/loc=-52.284,16.962
that map and website are awesome!

Forgot your password?