Hurricane video - Worth the $160?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
If it's slow and not very agile, maybe there's a purpose for that manned turret. Or if I can train a gunner to keep it locked forward and fire only when I'm firing those S4s up front. Otherwise, that shiny new Hurricane is looking a lot like a Redeemer

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I got one too, if only because my February direct deposit came in last week instead of tomorrow! Nah, Montoya I was on the fence until I saw your video, haha!

I do like the design aesthetic more than the Super Hornet :D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Thanks for the vid @Montoya

Although I first didn't want to buy one of these, finally a Hurricane landed in my hangar. Why? Because nothing is set yet:
- the Sabre originally was meant to be a stealth fighter, quick in and out but minor fighting abilities. Today: superior space combat vessel
- the Hornet once was the space tank of Star Citizen. Today its firepower and shields can't stand even against an Avenger (and: fear the redesigned Aurora! @Hornet :yum: )
- 300 series - about to become new ship stats (redesign ongoing)
- the Gladius! Once mocked for being old and obsolet, I more and more hear people groan and moan, when the "nine tail" Gladius' spawn because the Gladius has become an agile and aggressive beast.
etc.

So who knows? Perhaps in the end the Hurricane will become stats (weapons, shields, structure, energy,....) and therefore a strategic role which we'd never thought of.
(Nevertheless: I bought a CCU to a SuperHornet - just in cases, haha :smile:)

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Melted stuff and bought it with store credits. Was going to melt it again but it has a super hornet as a loaner so don't have to :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I was on the fence with the terrapin, so I went ahead and picked up the Tortoise and the Hurricane warbond combo. If I change my mind, I have 2 LTI ships to melt :)

BTW: The package was $320. The combined upgrade value for both is $375.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Well, a few toughts on the Hurricane:

1. Warbond only saves 15$, which isn't a good deal in comparsion to other purchase options IMO. On top of that the 160-175$ Ship comes only with a Self Land Hangar, which I don't quite understand.

2. It's highly situational (in the PU), meaning you require logistics on how/when to use it and since it's reliant on ballistic weapons, you also need supplies for it.

3. IMO the advantage in Firepower is not enough compared to all the things it gives up. For example, the Cutlass rework has 6x S3 (4 fixed and 2 on manned Turret), but still has armor/shield/power (for energy weapons) and a lot of versatility with it for a price of 100~150$ that's likely to go up.

4. A Glass Cannon really just works if it means reliably getting rid of the enemy without taking damage. Against Fighters, this is doable for the Hurricane - but in a combat scenario against a Sabre for example, the Sabre could choose weither to engage or not and both would stand a roughly equal chance. If we assume a scenario with bigger Ships involved, the Hurricane would lack the firing range to stay out of trouble and at the same time it's Firepower would be insufficient against larger Ships.

My suggestion: Buy 0$ CCU from the Wildfire and the 5$ CCU from the Sabre (and then melt it so it's in your Buyback List).

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
If people got the Sabre as a glass cannon ship, then the Hurricane might end up being better for them. I got the Sabre as a stealth ship. My only other option is the Ghost :P

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?