I already my Starfarer "Blunt Force Trauma"

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Hello. My name is, well, most people just call me Soap. Don't ask. Or do ask, I'm not your mum, and I cant tell you what to do. On reddit I go by the /u/ of "that_frog_kurtis", unimaginatively stolen from a tv show.

I'm from New Zealand, a small country obsessed with what everyone else thinks of it, hobbits, fountains (especially the bucket variety), per-capita statistics and sheep. For instance, did you know NZ has the most hobbits, bucket fountains, and sheep, per capita?

I first heard of Star Citizen on reddit (surprise), on an r/gaming post that was probably titled "HURR DURR CONSOLE FAGS < PC MASTER RAEC" where one user stated that a kickstarter game could revolutionise PC gaming, if only it could raise 2 million. I immediately threw 37 of your Foreign Devil monetary units at the kickstarter for what was quite clearly the best ship in the game.

What I am really looking for in SC is sconcing about having a lark, and generally just taking the piss with people with a good sense of humor. Honestly, the most fun I ever have in MMO games is doing what the people I'm playing with want to do. I find that whatever I do is fun, so long as I have cool people to do it with.

The first game I remember playing is Excitebike on the NES.

Games I play currently are a bit eclectic. I was playing Warthunder and also Mount & Blade: Warband today. I have recently been playing WoT, Blood Dragon, GTA V, Rogue Squadron on N64, SOCOM on PS2 and Rome: Total War.

Ackbar (is he even a captain?)

TL;DR: I'm a desperate loser seeking online friends and I suck at games.

Reactions: jamrockrabeh

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Hello. My name is, well, most people just call me Soap. Don't ask. Or do ask, I'm not your mum, and I cant tell you what to do.
Hell, I'll ask. Why do they call you Soap?

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Hell, I'll ask. Why do they call you Soap?
Jesus JoeCool4433, you can't just go asking people why they are called Soap.

Well I'll tell you anyway, mainly because it's boring, actually stupid and also not even really about me. On the first day of high school I had to sit next to a young man who had had an accident somewhere inbetween his front door and school. Our teacher pointed out the fact that he was decidedly un-soapy, unlike myself who for comparison was very soapy. This being the first day of school, that was both of our introductions. Soap stuck and the y fell off. Its not an embarrassing story, just lame in the extreme.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Haha, its too much hastle to explain over and over, and internet anonymity is a strange and attractive thing.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Meh....I do that every morning to spread jam on my PB&J.
I didn't mean the chest where the silverware is kept in your kitchen. :p

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Its not an embarrassing story, just lame in the extreme.
Let's help a brother out: sketch outlines for "They call me Soap" stories for those long weeks hauling freight in a Starfarer.

Here's mine: Bullies extorting lunch money in the boy's bathroom, intervention, dispensing liquid soap into their sink-forced mouths because of a lack of bar soap in the facility, "Would your momma kiss that mouth?"

Welcome to SC, and to TEST. For what it's worth, we wash our Auroras every week in a group dance performance.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Barthanes washes his in the blood of his enemies. We keep his ships at the other end of the hangar. It's useful to keep a Reaver around.

KerbalReaver, that's gotta become the name of somebody's Aurora.

Reactions: Flipper

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Wait hold on, was this thread supposed to be titled "I already named my Starfarer 'Blunt Force Trauma'"?

Forgot your password?