I am cursed.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Don't know what it is, but EVERY time I am about to make some serious pay-dirt with mining. SOMETHING happens and FUBARS it.

Was all giggly, as I had found a nice 10% Laranite deposit, .99 instability, .70 resistance. It was a challenge, and I pulled it off. Was heading up from the Moon surface and suddenly *You have been disconnected, you have 2 minutes to reconnect before you are dropped from the server*.

WTH?

I look over and yup, Comcrap, crapped out again....

Bye-bye motherlode...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah... the finished game has got to be able to do something about this - It's the biggest thing outside of the devs control but they can take it into account to make sure it doesn't ruin hours of play time.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm probably wrong, but whenever the servers seem to crash or DC on me, I get the sinking feeling that it's taking a digi-beer break. Since I can understand the need to periodically take a break & enjoy some down time, I just chalk it up to things being in early Alpha. My recommendation is to check the logs of those posting errors to see if yours is happening to somebody else to verify theirs to help the devs find the solution. Maybe enjoy a beverage yourself while you do. Cheers!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It can't be as bad as my experience today. For preparation of the Daymar Rally we did a "Bike Team Selection race" this afternoon. It was a race over 241 km and I was the only one in a Dragonfly Yellowjacket. The rest was flying in a Nox. Due to Nox vs rock I was the only one in the race who didn't die.
The finnish was hilarious:
We had an epic finish...well...Marcsand did. Died from lack of oxygen 20 feet from finish
he was the sole survivor up until that point
we all hit rocks and exploded in the night
a side note, I never signed up for racing, I signed up for support duty.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, apparently, someone decided to break into our cable network here in an attempt to steal cable. In doing so, they fubared up alot of peoples network connections, I just now got back online.
Wow, when you think it can't get any worse?

A guy at work complains regularly that when they expanded the housing estate he lives on by another 60 houses, they didn't expand the capacity on the junction box meaning about 6pm he gets better speeds off his 4G cellphone. If I ever told him this he'd probably take an axe to the junction box it and pull out all the cables that looked new.

Forgot your password?