I don't like pizza.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
just means you've been eating the wrong pizza...give up the New York style junk and go for some good Chicago style stuffed, deep dish, or thin and crispy crust pizzas

Reactions: hardroc77

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
just means you've been eating the wrong pizza...give up the New York style junk and go for some good Chicago style stuffed, deep dish, or thin and crispy crust pizzas
Ah my brother. Yes Deep dish from Pizzeria Uno or Lou Malnatis or Peqouds. Oh man, I'm getting hungry again.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Giordanos, Gino's East, or Papa Dells are also good...

I used to think there was no such thing as bad pizza...then I had pizza from California...

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Chicago style pizza isn't pizza. It's more like a pie.
This is pizza:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Pizza Pie is an east coast term (never heard it outside of some pop culture references until I moved to the east coast)

In Chicago, Pizza is talked about more in terms of the type of crust

Deep dish, Thin Crust, Hand Tossed, Pan, etc. New York Style is closest to Hand Tossed, but Thin Crust usually means a crispy texture that has a nice crunch when you bite into it. It doesn't flop and you don't need to fold it.

Don't get me wrong, NY pizza is better than no pizza and some NY pizza is really good...but I have yet to taste one that comes close to a Giordanos, much less a Papa Dell's Pizza (from Champaign-Urbana area...OMG that is good pizza.)

Reactions: supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Pizza Pie is an east coast term (never heard it outside of some pop culture references until I moved to the east coast)

In Chicago, Pizza is talked about more in terms of the type of crust

Deep dish, Thin Crust, Hand Tossed, Pan, etc. New York Style is closest to Hand Tossed, but Thin Crust usually means a crispy texture that has a nice crunch when you bite into it. It doesn't flop and you don't need to fold it.

Don't get me wrong, NY pizza is better than no pizza and some NY pizza is really good...but I have yet to taste one that comes close to a Giordanos, much less a Papa Dell's Pizza (from Champaign-Urbana area...OMG that is good pizza.)
This guy knows what's up.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Us west coasters seem to have shit for pizza.....maybe it's just washington, but damn. I could use a slice from a joint with an overly Italian sounding name. Gino's Mafioso pies....Yeah, that sounds authentic.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Us west coasters seem to have shit for pizza.....maybe it's just washington, but damn. I could use a slice from a joint with an overly Italian sounding name. Gino's Mafioso pies....Yeah, that sounds authentic.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

California Pizza Kitchen is the bomb diggity.

Reactions: Han Burgundy
Forgot your password?