I dont understand the login/username stuff

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
What is the difference between Handle and Community Monicker? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I've been asking in Gen Chat and I get a couple different explanations.

Some people say Handle is what people will see in the game, and is what you will ultimately be searched by on the website.

Others say the Community Monicker is what people will see in game, and the Handle is what you use for the forum and chat.

I've also been told Community Monicker is the name you will use in game until you pick a name for your character when the game launches, and the Handle is used to name your profile so people can search for you (but is not the name you will use in game).

It even sparked a debate in the chat, all while about half a dozen CIG employees ignored the subject completely *sigh*

I want to be Tooterfish in the game, would anyone mind walking me through this? I'm not a smrt person.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
no idea

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
Oh sweet, this is something that I didn't even know I wanted to know. I got around my confusion by making my moniker and handle the same thing.

Forgot your password?