i have just bought a used asus transformer. 11" butt....

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
well i i have logged in with the password provided.
so far so good. but how do i remove all and login wiht my acocunt.
and i sit still free to upgrade from win 8.1 to 10 ?

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
mmm... shortly after asking. i found it. so its restting the pc now. so i guess i can login with my win login

i figured it owuld be good for GG

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Since the initial offer for the "free win10 upgrade" Microsoft change the policy ad now, as far as you have a supported system with a genuine license is still possibile to upgrade to Win10.
Pay attention to a couple of thinks 'tho: the license upgrade is PERMANENT, so you can't use the license for the Win8.1 anymore (I don't think you care but still...), second thing keep in mind driver and probrams (especially antivirus...) have different settings and compatibility for win8.1 and win10, so BEFORE upgrade make sure to download all the dirver you need for the new Windows 10, especially for network and video card (but be sure to have them all it will be a lot easier to solve problem that way...)

For the account remember to select the option for "use local account" intead of the "online MS account" in case you don't have one.
Oneslty I'll racomand that in case hou have a license code for windows (even if it was an older version), so you can easily migrate the license from a pc to another in the future..

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
mmm well its working on upgrading to win10 now. but i dont have a code. or even the code for the win 8 its running now. ohh well i hope it works out.. hehe

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
i now have installed win 10 on it. but it says i have like 9 days until i cant return to win 8.1 enymore. but then what if i dont have the code ?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
i now have installed win 10 on it. but it says i have like 9 days until i cant return to win 8.1 enymore. but then what if i dont have the code ?
Well starting form Win8.0 the actual license code is embedded into a chip on the motherboard, win10 should recognise it automatically.
Be shure to run on ALL the upgrade and get the latest version of Win10, then you run the activation procedure and it should work fine (of course you have to install the proper version of win10 (standard or professional), according to the previus installed version of Win8.1).

Should you still have some problem try to retrive the actual license code in the chipset (google for some tool for it) and re-enter it in the win10 activation request, also if the previus howner had use a MS account and associated the license with that account could be that you need to convert the license into the account pannel (don't know if actually needed or something, just speculating...)

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That looks rather interesting & I wonder how well that would do as an external input device for that program that allows you to activate the features of SC on tablets.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Well starting form Win8.0 the actual license code is embedded into a chip on the motherboard, win10 should recognise it automatically.
Be shure to run on ALL the upgrade and get the latest version of Win10, then you run the activation procedure and it should work fine (of course you have to install the proper version of win10 (standard or professional), according to the previus installed version of Win8.1).

Should you still have some problem try to retrive the actual license code in the chipset (google for some tool for it) and re-enter it in the win10 activation request, also if the previus howner had use a MS account and associated the license with that account could be that you need to convert the license into the account pannel (don't know if actually needed or something, just speculating...)
If i remember right the free windows 10 deal is over that was only an intial promotion because windows 8 was so bad. If you got it then for that particular PC then you can forever upgrade to 10 from that computer for free no issues. With that being said......... cnet says you can still do it if you follow their instructions let me know if it works or not.

• o7

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
windows 7 licenses still convert to windows 10. so if it saw your bios tagged win 8 license, then you should be ok. click start and type control, click control panel and go into system at the bottom it should say windows is activated. if it does then your set, if not you will need a windows 10 key.

• o7

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
If i remember right the free windows 10 deal is over that was only an intial promotion because windows 8 was so bad. If you got it then for that particular PC then you can forever upgrade to 10 from that computer for free no issues. With that being said......... cnet says you can still do it if you follow their instructions let me know if it works or not.

As far as I know the upgrade is still working, could be that the possibility is expired for Win7 and Win8.0 since they are no more supported OS by MS (support expired at the stat of this year) , but otherwise this is an option still valid.
The only "problem" I've found is during license activation: Win10 for breing recognize correctly MUST be at the latest release and with all the update installed, othervise activation report that the liocense code is invalid... other then that still good.

By the wya thare are online shop that sell Win10 and office license for really cheap bucks, like 5-6 €/$, I had a collegue that bought them several time whitout any issue, so they are genuine, still I continue to retain my doubt about the legality of those sell... you are to judge them on your own will....

• o7

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
By the wya thare are online shop that sell Win10 and office license for really cheap bucks, like 5-6 €/$, I had a collegue that bought them several time whitout any issue, so they are genuine, still I continue to retain my doubt about the legality of those sell... you are to judge them on your own will....
Those could be licenses that a big company bought that they are no longer going to use usually if you buy in bulk you get a discount. Or it could be an outlet sale since no one is buying windows 10(mostly because of the free thing etc) so they discounted the licences to sell them faster.

• o7

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
yeah well i wanted it for gamerglass too. but now i think its more for discord while gamning... and maybe GG if it can close and open easy

• o7

Frostulf

Grand Admiral
May 16, 2018
RSI Handle
Storkraft
and yes i think youre right it might just have done it itself. with win 10 home. and i can upgrade to pro.. i hope thats the case.
and the 10 days was if i regret it. and want to go back to win 8.1 but why would enyone do that..

• o7

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I was thinking the same thing and am glad I was not alone. @Sirus7264 and @SoloFlyer I raise a toast to you. For I had opened this thread to ask why someone in Test had purchased a used anus transformer butt... and what I figured would continue on with plug once the thread was opened. We are Test after all and there does not seem to be any boundaries to our depravity or drunken shenanigans. And while the thread did originally start with an unexpected turn it did not stay there for long. And so for that, I raise this toast to you🍻

• o7
Forgot your password?