Idris attack

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This mission looks absolutely epic to participate in. I hope that after each major patch (ie. 3.9, 4.0, 4.1, etc) that they will reset the mission availability for these limited missions instead of not being able to achieve it again until the game goes into either Beta or officially launches. Given how limited & difficult the mission will be for each player, it should have a crazy awesome reward for success.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
This mission looks absolutely epic to participate in. I hope that after each major patch (ie. 3.9, 4.0, 4.1, etc) that they will reset the mission availability for these limited missions instead of not being able to achieve it again until the game goes into either Beta or officially launches. Given how limited & difficult the mission will be for each player, it should have a crazy awesome reward for success.
I think mission status isn't included into persistance yet, so yes, we will be able to do that again at every major patch, at least from some time.

I'll expect this will, in the future unlock some good reward, like limited ship/skin, in any case mission like that will have an intrisinc reward in the future: the wreck it self! When salvaging will be in game that will be a really good pray to salvage that will prodive a freaking quantity of money if a group can archive to savage it all.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
a big part of why it's taken six-plus years to get this far is that CIG has been investing its resources on building the tools to make iterating on gameplay happen quickly and seamlessly

this is a good thing IMO

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I bet a couple dozen Reclaimers ramming it will make a difference.
Especially after they get the claw & salvage feed features of the Reclaimers working. Hit the Idris with a handful of Warlock EMP's, then move in several Reclaimers to enjoy their feeding frenzy on whatever they can tear off the carrier. Surely that would make for a lot of loads of high priced scrap materials for those crews.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I still think trying to fly a Raven into the landing bay is a great way to go for a great pilot. It's harder to hit than the other EMP wagons, it's fast, it's hard to see, and it's got the smallest profile so it can actually maneuver inside the bay and lay waste whatever is there. Also can pulse every 12 seconds (12 secoond cooldown, 12 second charge, but two pulse generators), so theoretically could keep all 6 Idris computers down?

Just needs a crazy pilot.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I still think trying to fly a Raven into the landing bay is a great way to go for a great pilot. It's harder to hit than the other EMP wagons, it's fast, it's hard to see, and it's got the smallest profile so it can actually maneuver inside the bay and lay waste whatever is there. Also can pulse every 12 seconds (12 secoond cooldown, 12 second charge, but two pulse generators), so theoretically could keep all 6 Idris computers down?

This Idris won't be opening it's flight deck doors most likely due to it being just the outer hull with the NPC turrets working. I don't remember there being a lot of turrets that can target below or directly behind compared to the other directions. So if the lower turret is taken out from a distance, sneak a pair of Warlocks in behind & underneath to alternate their nerfing pulse to potentially neutralize the rest of the ship depending on which of the turrets use ballistics instead of energy weapons.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Especially after they get the claw & salvage feed features of the Reclaimers working. Hit the Idris with a handful of Warlock EMP's, then move in several Reclaimers to enjoy their feeding frenzy on whatever they can tear off the carrier. Surely that would make for a lot of loads of high priced scrap materials for those crews.
Hmm this seams more a Velocirapotor feast then a space fight... but I'll love to see that, at least on the attacker point of view, can't imagine the panic that will go trough the ship when is powered down and 3-4 Recclaimer start to take it apart... I guess there will be people shooting eachother to get the first escape pod available.

I volunteer for that! :o7:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hmm this seams more a Velocirapotor feast then a space fight... but I'll love to see that, at least on the attacker point of view, can't imagine the panic that will go trough the ship when is powered down and 3-4 Recclaimer start to take it apart... I guess there will be people shooting eachother to get the first escape pod available.

I volunteer for that! :o7:

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?