Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
From the new CIG Monthly Report, Foundry 42 section:

"We have a strike team working on the Retaliator, which is looking more and more beautiful by the day. It’s getting closer to Hangar ready every day.

Once the Retaliator is Hangar ready, we are going to focus on the Idris and Javelin. We had the live-stream event, and now you are probably aware we are going to produce these 2 Cap-ships in tandem more or less, since they are made by the same manufacturer.

We are planning to give these ships the attention they deserve, so you guys can enjoy them as fully immersive and convincing environments for you to roam in – they are floating multiplayer levels after all!"

Of course, this probably means we still have a looooong wait for them to go live in the hangar, but it's nice to know they'll be focusing on the Javelin and Idris next. :D

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I should note this is from the Foundry 42 developmental perspective. The next ships to actually go live in the hangar after the Retaliator are the Avenger variants and as mentioned on RTV today.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Plot twist! new hangar level: Javelin hangar! all you have to do is go to your rsi account and choose your hangar to javelin hangar. would prolly be a bit easier for rsi O_o

Tilorop

Space Marshal
Jul 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Tilorop
If I understand the Javelin right, it can't be accessed on the ground as it's entirely spaceborn. The Idris however is a landable craft.

So, we should expect two different ways to access the ships. I admit I can't wait for them to enter my "hangar" though - the first time just exploring the ships will be so awesome.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I just want to see all of my ships in one hangar, it will take forever.

S

svenrichter

When the social module goes online, I WILL get into Russians hangar and I WILL masturbate on the Javelin. I hope thats ok with you. Its not a requirement though.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I just want to see all of my ships in one hangar, it will take forever.
When we had the old hangars, someone posted on Reddit that due to the massive number of ships he had in his hangar, it took him over 10 minutes to walk from one side to the other. I asked him to film it and put it on YouTube, but he never delivered. I would have liked to have seen that.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I need to measure and see how long it takes. I'm not entirely sure I can fit my entire fleet in one hangar.

Edit: Nope, not happening.

Kratok

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Kratok
I think it'd be cool if you could use the elevator in the R&Y Hangar to go to a lower/higher floor and the Idris/Javelin had it's own massive Hangar

Clowdy Howdy

Captain
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Clowdy Howdy
If I understand the Javelin right, it can't be accessed on the ground as it's entirely spaceborn. The Idris however is a landable craft.
Some type of vertically massive space dock with skywalk access around the Javelin would be way cool in the long run.

Forgot your password?