I'm a weak minded fool

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
I was all happy with my Buc then I let this reddit thread get inside my head: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6iltdn/buccaneer_vs_sabre/

Why is my mind so foolish that now I'm debating on CCU'ing my Buc to a Sabre when its on sale again?

I only have a single fighter in my armada as I'm more of a industry type, so having both isn't appealing to me.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
The best advice I can give is keep what you have if you are happy with it. don,t let others opinions sway you or you will regret it.

The biggest thing to remember is when the game comes out you can have both lol. if LTI is involved then stick with what you like the most and dam what anyone ells says. If you are only worried about what will be more powerful then again thats up to how you play. Every ship is strong in its own way and the best skilled pilot can take a stock aurora and win against a super hornet.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
If it makes you feel better, I sold my Super Hornet and Sabre but kept the Buccaneer. I felt that having the skill that you would earn from being in the Buccaneer is worth having. I don't even use the S1's... I just grab 2 Tarantula MK3s and a Combine and go hunting. I'm not that great, but this ship will make me great.

Sabre is just so easy to hit from certain angles and that made me sad. I feel safer in a 3v1 fight when I'm in the Buccaneer because I'm harder to hit, even though I know that I have less health overall. I used to love taking hits in my Super Hornet but now that Buccaneers and Sabres can strafe around me easier, I have a hard time keeping up, so my armor ends up being my coffin.

I dunno, I just like the feel and the sound of the Buccaneer more. I like how small the ship is and it makes fighting around asteroids easy. I know that it falls apart when hit but I never seem to take that many hits. I'm not the best pilot either, its just a dodgy ship.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
tbh, if I had to buy a fighter, it would be either the Defender or the Hurricane.

The Defender is the only nimble fighter said to have long range... the Hurricane has just flat out insane Firepower.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
In my opinion, the Bucc looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Sabre. If you're not really that much into fighting anyway, keep the Bucc, the $60 difference, and GIT GUD.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
REC a Sabre.

I did, and was back in my 350R within 30 mins. It is not that the Sabre was bad, it just wasn't me. I ride in a ship that cost more than the Buc or F7c but explodes in 0.5 seconds in battle... Fingers crossed for the rework.

Talking of reworks, the Buc will get Nerfs as balance comes in. The 350R had it, the Avenger had it, the Gladius had it, the Sabre had it. Hornet... Well, it's the benchmark all others are balanced around.

Wait for your Buc to be 'balanced' and see if you still like it. Don't go chasing other ships on;y to find they get balanced too. I'd say Beta might be the time to finalise what you want to be flying.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
IIUC, radar is supposed to start acting like it will in game with 3.0, so the sabre's main advantage is about to get a boost. Why not wait and see?

The Sabre may be easier to hit, but only when it is on someone's scopes!

Forgot your password?