In space, no one can hear your IPAs

texelot

Lieutenant
Aug 3, 2014
RSI Handle
texelot
Hello there. I was told this was the room for an argument. I've got my Aurora tricked out and ready to commit insurance fraud.

Where you from stranger?

Seattle, though originally from central Ohio. The weather sucked, so I left.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I've been following it since the initial reveal and it has looked super exciting. Missed the kickstarter because I'm an idiot, but bought-in shortly after.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Exploration, fooling around, and Oculus Rifts. But mostly just goofing off in space.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Super Mario 64.. still doesn't seem like that long ago.

What other games do you play?
A wee bit of everything, but recently rougelikes, RPGs, and a couple MMOs. Crypt of the Necrodancer is my latest addiction.

Picard or Kirk?
Enough folks have posted the facepalm macro, so I'll just say Your Mom.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Reactions: texelot

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
welcome, how is the oculus rift?

texelot

Lieutenant
Aug 3, 2014
RSI Handle
texelot
welcome, how is the oculus rift?
I don't own one myself; trying to hold off for the consumer release but the DK2 is making that difficult. From the moments I've played around with them though I'm really really excited for SC on the Rift.

There was a particular moment I've had with the OR while playing Hawken. I was looking around in the cockpit the game has you in, and was thinking "well, I guess this is neat." But then it hit me -- the motion tracking was so good that I didn't even realize the camera was moving with my head, and that looking around in the cockpit was an action enabled by the motion sensing. That's the best part about it; you don't even realize it's there and can truly get lost in a game.

Last edited:

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome texelot! I had the Oculus Rift DK2 but sadly got to never open it and try it out since a journalist from http://bgr.com offered to come by and pick it up for a ludicrous amount of money...I guess I can just buy two Oculi now lol.

Forgot your password?