Insert generic title here for lack of a better idea - hello

pennyw1se

Lieutenant
Feb 18, 2020
RSI Handle
pennyw1se
Don't worry in 5 hours I will have thought of a better title.

Where you from stranger?
Michigan

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Well when it came to space games Chris Roberts created my favorite one, Freelancer. So when I had heard he was looking to make a new one I started following the progress. Then in 2013 a buddy bought a new AMD gfx card but he didn't want the game, so I tossed him five bucks for his gift card that came with his video card, and I am glad I did.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Everything, Star Citizen is the life I wish we could actually lead.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Pitfall

What other games do you play?
I play all kinds of games and have a lot of them just depends on what I feel like or if there is someone to play with. However actively I have been playing SWG:Legends, at least until I reinstalled Star Citizen to see how things were coming along.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
I first heard about Test Squadron years ago on the RSI site. Back then the organization did not have no where near as many people as it does now, but the recruitment page made me laugh, and I said if I ever started to actively play the game then I would join, could be some people I could get along with, and well HERE'S JOHNNY!.

Picard or Kirk?
Picard. TNG holds a special place with me, it's a show my grandfather and I would sit down and watch together every week.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
In all seriousness, your story is similar to mine. I'd say if you re-install Star Citizen you'll be in for a treat. The current PU patch is a little rough but that being said, the PTU is testing out a new update that brings stability and a new major feature "LTP" or Long Term Persistence. So far testing has been very successful. We should be seeing a ship in game here by the end of this month, the Carrack, PTU testers are expecting it by this Friday but they haven't officially announced. Depending on when you last played, there could be a substantial amount of new stuff to see and experience. If you decide to hop on, join TEST discord, hop in a voice channel and say hello. We're on pretty frequently.

pennyw1se

Lieutenant
Feb 18, 2020
RSI Handle
pennyw1se
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I spent a good portion of my life in Michigan, which was pretty good for a guy who lived 1000 miles away! Welcome to TEST!
Sorry to hear that lol. There isn't much to do around here unless you 4x4 or ride an off-road vehicle.

In all seriousness, your story is similar to mine. I'd say if you re-install Star Citizen you'll be in for a treat. The current PU patch is a little rough but that being said, the PTU is testing out a new update that brings stability and a new major feature "LTP" or Long Term Persistence. So far testing has been very successful. We should be seeing a ship in game here by the end of this month, the Carrack, PTU testers are expecting it by this Friday but they haven't officially announced. Depending on when you last played, there could be a substantial amount of new stuff to see and experience. If you decide to hop on, join TEST discord, hop in a voice channel and say hello. We're on pretty frequently.
I've been playing in the PTU getting my bearings back and learning the new stuff. The funny part is I had actually reinstalled to grab some textures out of the game to see how they would port over to SWG for my own personal mod. Then I learned Persistence was being tested in the PTU, and that's the one thing I had been waiting for.

Wow another Michigander! Welcome to Test! 🍺🍻🍺
Where about?

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I've been there a few times, know a girl that lives in Waterford and a friend that lives not too far away in Dryden. I'm over by Ann Arbor.
Well shit now that you two are friends... but don't get any ideas, Fin's my old man!

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?