Interested in starting a stream.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Hey streamers and watchers of streams, like the title states, I'm interested in starting a(nother) TEST twitch stream and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or wisdom for me? I'm waiting on a decent camera and mic to come in from Amazon (my old ones were top-tier garbage) and I'm looking into overlays and stream notifications and all that stuff. I don't plan on doing SC exclusively right off the bat, but it will certainly become the focus down the road.

While I've not done any streaming, I've got plenty of experience being in the spotlight (I've run more D&D games than I care to admit including online games) and I believe I can be engaging enough for a handful of people.

This is purely for fun and the glory of TEST. I'm not setting out with the expectation of becoming a twitch partner or anything like that. My current thinking is a couple of hours midday (probably before Montoya's current stream) Tues/Wed/Thurs and maybe friday/saturday night drunken shenanigans.

I know that TEST doesn't have an official stream yet and that those details are still being hammered out, but I hope to be part of our twitch presence when that comes to fruition.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Streaming requires good upload speeds. Anything less than 7mb at a dead minimum will kill. 11mb is really the sweet spot for stability at 720/30fps.

Can your rig handle the stress? Streaming adds nearly double the load of playing a game on ultra. So if you have issues playing a game on ultra now, streaming is going to kick you good. Most use a i7 or an 83xx CPU.

Overlays and notifications. Check out existing streams and see what you like. Most of us give credit to the designers. You can reach them fairly easy. Most full graphic packages run $100 or nore.

Monitors. You need two. Streaming with less is suicide. 3 is even better.

C

CaptainHavoc

Streaming requires good upload speeds. Anything less than 7mb at a dead minimum will kill. 11mb is really the sweet spot for stability at 720/30fps.

Can your rig handle the stress? Streaming adds nearly double the load of playing a game on ultra. So if you have issues playing a game on ultra now, streaming is going to kick you good. Most use a i7 or an 83xx CPU.

Overlays and notifications. Check out existing streams and see what you like. Most of us give credit to the designers. You can reach them fairly easy. Most full graphic packages run $100 or nore.

what he said except somehow awsomer so I get the credit.

C

CaptainHavoc

I shall start streaming just to get thousands of followers and be deemed worthy of being made fun of. Think anyone will watch pokemon TCG or Escape Velocity?
Probably. There are people who watch my stream and all I do is play CS then make fart noises.

C

CaptainHavoc

I have a new dream..... to get banned from every test streamer. With my powers combined I become Captain troll!!! With the power of slander, sarcasm, lies, narcissism, alcoholism, and communism!!!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket

I'm not at that upload speed, but I've got some new network stuff coming in that will hopefully push me there. (currently on a usb wireless adapter)

I'm confident in my rig. In SC I can get 20fps in 4k on ultra and have never seen my frame rate drop below 90 in 1080p (and I don't plan on doing much SC for a while anyway). I've got screens piled up unused so I'm covered there as well.

I'll definitely poke around other streamers to get some overlay ideas.

Thanks for the help!

C

CaptainHavoc

Note to self... translating what a random russian is saying on the chat will get u banned, because the world Dildo is too mature for some people to handle.

Alright +1 ban fer Havoc. Going to collect these like pokemon badges.
upload_2015-5-7_10-54-26.png

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Message Barron or a mod. Or better, check to see if your still banned

Forgot your password?