Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950 Megathread - Its Done

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oooohhhh year MISC is love MISC is life!!! 10 years insurance is good enough for me!

1606253361969.png

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Don't forget, if you want LTI use a 315P to "Warbond" Nomad for $4.00 then CCU to whatever. They are still on sale at time of writing.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
What do you want to do, run cargo, run fuel? Do you want to run in safe areas, or do you think you want to go do combat fleet resupply?

if you want to run fuel...or cargo once the external cargo pods are done in a safe area, the base Starfarer is better as it will hold more fuel/cargo (supposedly). The Gemini means less fuel/external cargo capacity (supposedly), but it will be tougher, be warned though, if you use the missile rack, you won’t be able to mine gas clouds, so it’s running from a source where you fill your ship to where you need to sell/deliver the fuel.
my advice, get the base Starfarer and an upgrade to the Gemini. If you find that you don’t like the base, you can apply the upgrade, or if you have the upgrade, you can melt and buy back the base. Consider getting someone to spawn one or the other for you to try out.

btw, it handles like a drunk pig if you get your thrusters damaged, and there are times that if you are damage, you HAVE to land it manually because the computer can’t do it,

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Given that refining fuel isn't in game yet, what is the starfarer like for you owners? And if I were to pick one up, is it better to go with the gemini?
Get in game and have a fly of one :)

I've been doing just fine in my standard Starfarer going between Olisar and the moons doing trade runs with its 291 SCU cargo bay, aside from Solo Gladius pilots being able to blow me up - balance will see an end to a solo fighter being able to destroy a large ship, and it's worth noting the cargo tanks aren't in use yet so that 291 is just the cargo bay, it will be increased by a lot and one of the concept intentions is to have those tanks be able to be swapped out for Cargo Boxes too. Big 'lugger in the future... But that's the future...

So I rented a Gemini to see what it was like compared to my normal, and I had huge problems flying it over New Babbage. The fat bas*ard hardly got off the floor I had to pour on the After Burner to even get it off the deck in the hangar - then I took it for a jaunt over the lake and up to the oribtal station, buzzed that in only the way a flying office block can, then getting back down to the space ports was tricky as hell in that clear air turbulence. Finally trying to get back into the hangar (one of the top loading ones) if you dipped the nose the damn thing would loose height even if you had full strafe upwards on. I landed on the lip of the hangar, at which point they said I was landed illegally and autopilot took over and dragged my sorry ass inside...

...it was great!

So yeah I now have my standard Starfarer and a Star-G.

Fly before you Buy, and be aware even now absolutely everything is subject to change. I really should have a fly of my standard over Babbage to see if it was the weight of the additional armour the Star-G has causing my elevation issues or if it's the extra gravity of of the planet compared to the moons I usually fly to...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I really should have a fly of my standard over Babbage to see if it was the weight of the additional armour the Star-G has causing my elevation issues or if it's the extra gravity of of the planet compared to the moons I usually fly to...
You Sir just found the secret beer tank on the G! 🍻🍻🍻🍻
Extra weight, extra troubles... Just ask Newton ;)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice video and good work by inserting the ships that are not in game yet.
I've to say however that the overall quality isl graphically speaking, preatty low: putting aside from the new ship implemented, everything seams re-textured with a lower quality compared to the ones in game. Shame becouse the direction and the photography is really worth it

Let's see what Jax will do today...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Seeing the Kracken holo-model made me very aware of the lack of the Endeavor model yesterday 🙂

EDIT - I've just watched the Drake IAE video - The Cutlass Purple?! Purple is Yellows contrasting colour! Thats the TEST Party Bus guaranteed!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?