Not open for further replies.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
0x24BE53a69E4471a1017a3346E36105659fAAb52d

I did this, but im skeptical of keeping metamask on my computer. How much data is this app collecting on me?

Metamask wants to “Read and change all your data on the websites you visit”

Reactions: GPcustoms and Scape

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
App is open source, you can view the code on github, its created by people who all about privacy.

Spacebux sent!
Thank you. I'll take your word for it. If I looked through code I would be looking for keywords like: DefinitelyVirus. Malware. NotAscamjk.

Reactions: GPcustoms and Scape

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Some Fine Work Gentlemen - With this can we join the Metaverse!?

0x466026093a79d9619e5CbB990CeA9475FC5e6553

Reactions: GPcustoms

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Read it, like it but must difer any interest or claims to a member of your own chosing Jedi Master who is deserving or needs a bump/break or pat on the back :like:

Reactions: Scape

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
For the GLORY of TEST and with confidence in the ORG I put myself forward as a trepidatious Newb/Casual whom we may be able to get some feedback from the harder to access parts of the user base!

It took me 4 attempts to get this far:
1) the first attempt failed because the Amazon Fire tablet I have doesn't have a Metamask app on it's Amazon specific app store,
2) the second attempt failed because although I could get the Metamask app on my phone and could add the network to it, I couldn't get the specific coin to add,
3) the third attempt failed because after re-reading the instructions I realised I had to do this all on my browser anyway but the pop-ups didn't show as having been blocked by the browser like they usually do so I thought there weren't any pop-ups and they were just broken buttons and,
4) After allowing pop-ups on the Spacebux page it was really very easy to do with the 3 buttons and the extension on the browser.

You can make it easy but you can't design for incompetence, hope my experience helps!

0xb095134FC18BBFc5732c40eab6e8d774cB0af622

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
For the GLORY of TEST and with confidence in the ORG I put myself forward as a trepidatious Newb/Casual whom we may be able to get some feedback from the harder to access parts of the user base!

1) the first attempt failed because the Amazon Fire tablet I have doesn't have a Metamask app on it's Amazon specific app store,
2) the second attempt failed because although I could get the Metamask app on my phone and could add the network to it, I couldn't get the specific coin to add,
3) the third attempt failed because after re-reading the instructions I realised I had to do this all on my browser anyway but the pop-ups didn't show as having been blocked by the browser like they usually do so I thought there weren't any pop-ups and they were just broken buttons and,
4) After allowing pop-ups on the Spacebux page it was really very easy to do with the 3 buttons and the extension on the browser.

You can make it easy but you can't design for incompetence, hope my experience helps!

Good job Mr Bobface!

A more simple wallet solution wall arrive later this year, maybe eventually our own custom wallet.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST

Sent!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
You kids and your fancy extra-terrestrial based currencies. I may be old fashioned, but I take tips in Gas Grass or Ass. Don't need no south-koreans spying at my network traffic or using my GPU to mine shit. No, sir. If it's free; Then you the product, Jack.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good job Mr Bobface!

A more simple wallet solution wall arrive later this year, maybe eventually our own custom wallet.
Ah... Erm, sorry to be a pain in the ass, I think if there were ever any doubt I belong in test here it is:

Further piece of feedback based on experience with Spacebux this morning... Having turned off my PC for the night came back to it this morning and it wanted my password. Put in password, does not accept password. Tried all permutations of the password. Says it's not the password. I totally typed in XYZ as the password and wrote that down on a bit of paper. Either I'm wrong or the machine is...? Lets say this bit is human error.

Okay, I have the secret phrase. Type it all in, that works fine, says its recognised. Says to input a new password. Input new password. Click Restore. Screen flashes a split second but nothing else happens. I'm guessing this is another popup blocker but it's on a browser extension not a site, how do I get browser exstentions to not block popups? I've tried adding metamask.io to the Exclusions folder but that did nothing...

EDIT - I'm back in now. Just tried to reset the password again and it now decides to work, perhaps the popup exclusion just needed to turn off-and-on again to work? Were no pop-ups though...

Hope this is useful user experience feedback. If the project has known issues that are the kind of thing you'd imagine would happen to 1 in 1000 users so isn't worth the time to fix, it's about a 1 in 4 chance it'll happen to me.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
How do I do step 3 "add spacebux token"?
0xBf2A2a61191F3591fbA6439789553FDC57515Faa
If you have downloaded the browser extention to your desktop browser allow popups on your browser for the spacebux page and then just click the button and it does it for you.

Thats the only way i got it to work but then foud another way of buggering it up 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?