CosmicTrader

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Yes.
Free Fly is always for evweryone.
IMO this is terrible idea to do this right now, with state that game is in at 3.9.0... they shoud wait till 3.9.1 goes live... unless they will rush it as well and break more stuff....
New potential players can be discouraged with the amount of bugs you get from the very start, including character creation...

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
They deployed patch to PTU but it has only fixes for some LTP stuff, no mention on fixes of stuff that was working fine in 3.8.2

Reactions: Blind Owl

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
IMO this is terrible idea to do this right now, with state that game is in at 3.9.0... they shoud wait till 3.9.1 goes live... unless they will rush it as well and break more stuff....
New potential players can be discouraged with the amount of bugs you get from the very start, including character creation...
FWIW PTU is very stable, it's not doing all the 30ks like it did with the current patch.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Free flight gonna bring in a lot of new peeps.

Told an old buddy of mine about this game. He's running an i7 4770 and a GTX 1070 on I assume a 1080p monitor. Should be alright for him to check it out right? Last thing I want is for him to get all hyped up only for the game to run like crap.
I have very similar specs on my gaming laptop. Starting areas can be laggy, but once you get outside of those, it's just fine.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Free flight gonna bring in a lot of new peeps.

Told an old buddy of mine about this game. He's running an i7 4770 and a GTX 1070 on I assume a 1080p monitor. Should be alright for him to check it out right? Last thing I want is for him to get all hyped up only for the game to run like crap.
He'll be fin at 1080p ... the only caveat is, I hope he has an SSD!

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Honestly, I know there would be kickback, but I would love for there to be a new long-range fighter announced.The Vanguard is a little fat for my tastes.

I've also been debating shuffling my fleet around, so I'm interested in what will be on sale. I effectively have three combat ships and my Carrack. I wouldn't mind adding a miner, but I don't have anything good to CCU from without spending a good deal more, or losing my retaliator/warden combo.

In my dreams, the retaliator will eventually be able to have fully automated turrets by NPC or computer, and a different long-range fighter will come out that I can CCU over to from the warden... But those are dreams, and you can try mining gameplay now!

I don't actually log on and play often, so I am looking for something to hook me well enough that I actually start learning the controls.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Fucking stoked for this. Really hoping that whatever they're selling will help me stop vacillating on the remainder of my fleet, lol.
I'll love for there to be a cheap LTI concept sale to go along with this as well. If I buy anything this round, I'll prefer it to have LTI.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?