Is there a method to gift a ship using your credits on your account?

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Can you gift "Gift cards" bought with credit?

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
I have a few hundred dollars on my Star citizen account in credits and I was wondering if there was a way to use your credits and gift a ship. Does anyone know a method?
Thanks.
as marcsand2 and Montoya were saying above - you could do it using CCU (last checked last month), the think to remember though is - whatever you gift isn't counted towards the status of the guy whom you gift it to .. so they would still need to buy $5 skin to become backer )

Knightwolf

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Knightwolf
Im not sure if this system still works, so maybe somebody can double check me on this.

If you buy an Aurora for $45 cash, but then use store credit to buy a CCU to a bigger ship, that bigger ship is now giftable. Or at least that used to work.
This is what I was hopping for. Guess I'll have to test to confirm :slight_smile:
Thank you.

Knightwolf

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Knightwolf
as marcsand2 and Montoya were saying above - you could do it using CCU (last checked last month), the think to remember though is - whatever you gift isn't counted towards the status of the guy whom you gift it to .. so they would still need to buy $5 skin to become backer )
Confirmed, as of now this still works.

thanks

Last edited:
Forgot your password?