It would be a lot of hard work...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
...for @SeungRyul but I think It would be worth it...

Is there any way for forum members to set their written language in their preferences (i.e. french), and then have the forum translate posts from whatever language they are in to the readers set language (i.e. english.).

This would really open up communication between Testies of all different countries... I know translate would not be perfect but it would be good enough and could be the start of a world-wide Org without language barriers getting in the way and having to segregate everyone into their own particular language groups...

...can it be done?

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
...for @SeungRyul but I think It would be worth it...

Is there any way for forum members to set their written language in their preferences (i.e. french), and then have the forum translate posts from whatever language they are in to the readers set language (i.e. english.).

This would really open up communication between Testies of all different countries... I know translate would not be perfect but it would be good enough and could be the start of a world-wide Org without language barriers getting in the way and having to segregate everyone into their own particular language groups...

...can it be done?

Yes if registered member chose to click this then you see what country the're in and most likely is the language they speak..

Under privacy setting you have this choice to show the flag of your country and set if only members or anyone can see that.

View the flag for the country you are in:
https://testsquadron.com/account/privacy

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes if registered member chose to click this then you see what country the're in and most likely is the language they speak..

Under privacy setting you have this choice to show the flag of your country and set if only members or anyone can see that.

View the flag for the country you are in:
https://testsquadron.com/account/privacy
Cool, how would I make the forum automatically translate the language they write in to the language I read?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
the hilarity potential for machine translation of shitposts is extremely high

I endorse this product or service
It would be a beautiful utopia of general comprehension but overall confusion - just as the TEST forum should be.

Universal translation has to start somewhere :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Cool, how would I make the forum automatically translate the language they write in to the language I read?
Google Chrome Web browser native translate does work great for me on other sites don't see why it wouldn't work here?

But it is a cool idea for shore :beers:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It's a cool idea, however .. I rather have the messages in English.
Chrome has a native translate doesn't it? Why not use it?
Whichever language you prefer, it would be available to all in any way you set it up to your translation preferences...

I'd rather an in-forum translator as having to stop every five lines to highlight and right click and click again is work. Automation needs to be easy and effortless for everyone to use it. If it is a chore, it will be as ignored as that pile of plates sat in the sink is being right now.

As a personal aside, I also don't use Chrome. I was one of the people Google said wasn't allowed a pseudonym on Google Plus - Remember when that was a thing? I didn't even have a 100% fake name, I had a joke middle name in inverted commas.

(In the following paragraph to protect my identity I am substituting my first name for 'John' my surname for 'Hunting' and the joke middle name I used for 'Good Will') On Google Plus I had put my middle name as "Good Will" as my surname is Hunting, so my user name on Google Plus read 'John "Good Will" Hunting' which was a fun reference to a very very famous film... Google locked my account and threatened to ban me from 100% of Google services including YouTube, Gmail, Blogger and everything else they had, as their social network wasn't a 'Social Network', it was apparently an 'Identity Service'.

I had to send them scans of my ID and delete my fun middle name to keep my access Google stuff. I hold no malice toward Google, they do a lot of good work, but I also know if they choose to revoke your access to their toybox like gets hard, albeit for a short while. From that day forward I sought as many alternatives to Google as I could and only use their services as a last resort now, because I know what life would be like if they suddenly demanded £100 a year that I would not pay to access their products.

If Google Translate had to be used to make my TEST forum translation dream a reality so be it, I don't mind, as I said I hold no malice... but thanks to Google Plus I also know there are other options available outside of the Googlesphere.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Languages translate browser fishing. Automatically very loud. What time does not matter to me. Book at once or the other. I do not want to buy this carpet. :thumbsup:
How is it to get better if we do not try to start in the first place?

*Google Translation* Wie soll es besser werden, wenn wir nicht versuchen, an erster Stelle zu beginnen? *Google Translation*

I only speak one language, my assumption is you speak two from your forum flag, please advise how the two above translate? I know the ordering of the words may not be the same in a different language but the meaning should still be there, Shirley?

Last edited:

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well it's kind of okay. Obviously some sayings don't work but you should get the point with google translator.
You could use chrome to translate the page as a whole. ( https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en )
That should work for the most part. Maybe there are options like that in other browsers as well. Haven't checked.
Translating the whole page is an idea, but only if it detects and translates all languages at once to your destination language... If it chooses the first and ignores the rest it's still no use when you have four or five languages on a thread...?

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
Kaixo, nire adiskidea

Etiam, alius nemo est sequela eius heri fuit annoying

бүгдээрээ TESTIES!

translate:

It's hard to see here...

Also, there is another thread yesterday, it was annoying

all TESTIES

:fearful::flushed:

I DID NOT WRITE THAT, IT WAS GOOOGLE TRANSLATE!!!!

Forgot your password?