Joystick / HOTAS Table Mounts by MONSTERTECH

Olsen

Space Marshal
May 6, 2016
RSI Handle
olsen
Hey guys,

my name is Olsen and I am a SC backer since 2013. I really enjoyed X-Wing and Tie Fighter on my PC back in the day (to my shame I never tried out Wing Commander back then) and that was also the last time I used a joystick.

Probably like many of you since backing SC I have thought long and hard about my perfect gaming setup to enjoy the game to its full potential. Flying a spaceship with a mouse isn't really that nice or immersive, so I was quickly sure I needed a HOTAS. But even before ordering the first HOTAS I knew that placing it in front of me on the desk wouldn't work well. The joystick and throttle would be too high and it would clutter up the desk. Especially if I would use an X55 with the giant bases.

At that time I had already started my own small business with my colleague Marc to build and sell Racing Sim Rigs out of aluminium system profiles. Of course in my research I had discovered that there was a company called JoyLoc that had build joystick table mounts in the past but they were not in business anymore.

I thought I couldn't be the only one with this problem and I started designing table mounts made out of aluminium. The goal was to make them super stable but also easy to get out of the way when you are not playing. The first prototypes where really rough but I was sure that we could improve on the previous design and make the table mounts very good.

At that time I started a build thread in the RSI Forums which you can find here: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/271104/project-aluminium-hotas-joystick-table-mount/

I recently talked to Montoya and asked him if it was okay to open a thread here. I have been a TEST member for last 7 months but I have not joined to sell stuff here, so I was reluctant to make this thread at first. Well our glorious leader was okay with it, so here it is. I am also talking to Montoya about maybe including some cool TEST stickers for everybody who lets me know they are TEST members when ordering.

(Update: Patches on the way from Montoya to be included)

Link to our website: https://www.monstertech.de/en/
We also have a YouTube channel with crazy build videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_fsIHtk2GqfrhMryYZSaQ

Introduction video with myself and a Warthog. Please excuse my weird german accent:

Here are a few pictures of the mounts:

There are more variants that that. All common joysticks and throttles are supported.
I hope you like them and if some of you already have them I am always looking forward to feedback to make them better.

Cheers
Olsen

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
They really look awesome!!! As I mounted my Warthog on my chair, I discovered that my mouse and keyboard were too far away to be useful. Therefor I also made a keyboard mount between my 2 flightstick mounts and a mousepad on the right side of my right flightstick. Maybe a keyboard mount also is a very useful extension for your table mounts.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
They really look awesome!!! As I mounted my Warthog on my chair, I discovered that my mouse and keyboard were too far away to be useful. Therefor I also made a keyboard mount between my 2 flightstick mounts and a mousepad on the right side of my right flightstick. Maybe a keyboard mount also is a very useful extension for your table mounts.
Pics or it didnt happen!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well it looks good to me, my warthog is still in the box I want to bring it out with 2.6. Sadly I cannot open anything on your website because at work but will check later. Does the video show you using it. Obviously main issue is how stable it is in use, how strong is that clamp. Totally approve though.

Reactions: Ammorn and StdDev

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That's a sweet fuckin setup you got goin there! No wonder you are such a deadly pilot.
Thanks, it are not the controls which make the pilot (although it helps), it's the practice and you must be prepared to lose. I do allot of VS, although I have a Sabre and a Super Hornet, I prefer to fly the Delta, Gladius, Warlock, 325A, Cutlass or Gladiator.

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
It's an adjustable glue clamp type mount, should fit any desk depending on how much it opens up.

I ordered one last weekend after making myself a new desk out of the wood from 2 others :slight_smile:
Couldn't get myself to get 2 but it's alright to keep the throttle on desk.

I just hope it will be a stable mount for my X65F seeing as it's a force sensing stick instead of a moving one.
I'm a bit scared it will damage the desk or wiggle too much.

I wonder if they manufacture on a per order basis though.

Last edited:

Olsen

Space Marshal
May 6, 2016
RSI Handle
olsen
@Seagon We haven't really had any problems with wiggle or damage to the table so far. For the most part the mounts will be exactly as stable as your desk. If you don't mind any movement in your table, there will be not any more movement in the mounts.

We pre produce the mounts as good as we can but we will package them individually on order, so you get the correct mounting plates etc. We have just hired a third person to help us but up until now we were only two people. So sometimes is pretty quick until the mounts ship, sometimes it takes a bit longer. Really depends if we are currently in the production or shipping mode.

Hope you will like the mounts, post a review and some pictures here as soon as you have tested them out.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?