RoyElliot

Lieutenant
Apr 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Diodenysus
Where you from stranger?
Upstate New York.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
The chance to play an all encompassing space sim, where I wasn't just out to dogfight and beat up opponents (but more likely get myself beaten), but to explore the galaxy, take in the breathtaking vistas, and try to make my own way in the galaxy, like the Space Westerns I grew up with.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Being able to build my character, and meet new people.

What was the first game you remember playing?
My dad tried to teach me rudimentary spelling with some terrible Wheel of Fortune game on his MS-DOS.

What other games do you play?
Mostly casual and indie games that don't require a lot of time, and then some of the Triple-A games that I know won't take too much time (Bioshock, Batman Arkham Games, Far Cry: Blood Dragon). I haven't found too many games that seemed worth investing a lot of time in.

Picard or Kirk?
Sisko. I'm on a DS9 kick right now.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Heya there :) Welcome.

Don't worry about getting beaten in dogfights, I'm sure most people here plan to "accidentally" crash as well.

Reactions: RoyElliot

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Welcome to TEST

Talking about flying skills. I haven’t played any flying games, other than the few that have been in our S.S.S. events.
I'm mostly play games like Skyrim and League of legends but I can't imagine it being that difficult xD

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

CaptSpackle

Lieutenant
Apr 15, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptSpackle
Hi!

My home town is about an hour from Buffalo; we used to drive the 2hr a lot when I turned 21 to hit up Southern Tier over in Lakewood (I have a fever and the only cure is more Warlock Pumpkin Stout). Upstate NY has some really scenic areas and some really really awesome beer.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
I'm on a DS9 kick right now.
Me too :/ I ignored it mostly as kid, but watching it now suddenly reveals a real depth in all the episodes. And the common theme through the whole show (Bajoran/Cardassian/Dominion problems) makes it unique and a first in Star Trek. Only Voyager featured a common theme later on. And hey, Sisko is the most bad-ass captain of all ST captains.

welcome :D

RoyElliot

Lieutenant
Apr 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Diodenysus
Hi!

My home town is about an hour from Buffalo; we used to drive the 2hr a lot when I turned 21 to hit up Southern Tier over in Lakewood (I have a fever and the only cure is more Warlock Pumpkin Stout). Upstate NY has some really scenic areas and some really really awesome beer.
The wine scene is pretty vibrant too. I worked at a few wine shops in the area, so I got to know a lot of the local wineries pretty well. As well as some of the distilleries, and I did manage to get to some breweries...

I guess you could say sobriety is a disease we are easily cured of.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
What drew you to Star Citizen?
The chance to play an all encompassing space sim, where I wasn't just out to dogfight and beat up opponents (but more likely get myself beaten), but to explore the galaxy, take in the breathtaking vistas, and try to make my own way in the galaxy, like the Space Westerns I grew up with.
I guess it's interesting to think about westerns in space, but that definitely describes a lot of really good sci-fi (and also bad sci-fi)
"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. [Kenobi smiles] Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Being able to build my character, and meet new people.
The idea that our characters will be more than avatars we only see on account creation will be very interesting and immersive.

What other games do you play?
Mostly casual and indie games that don't require a lot of time, and then some of the Triple-A games that I know won't take too much time (Bioshock, Batman Arkham Games, Far Cry: Blood Dragon). I haven't found too many games that seemed worth investing a lot of time in.
I've been pretty guilty of this lately. I've been avoiding some hardcore RPGs at the moment because I think I won't have enough free time to finish them. Blood Dragon was fantastic though. Just the right mix of humor, silliness, and explosions!

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
IMHO, DS9 is THE best Star Trek series. I really enjoyed how it brought a gritter/dark feel to the Federation.

Welcome to TEST!

Forgot your password?