Just stumbled across this review of Star Citizen's progress from nearly 5 years ago

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Some random Reddit digging turned up this absolutely ancient video, which I found surprisingly entertaining.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IcPsIwC-pU

Stunning to see the 'troubled project which might be turning good' viewpoint and a lot of the ships and locations we're familiar with now, in 3.13, on display back in 2016. And plenty of coverage of the early drama surrounding Cloud Imperium Games and its founders, which is why I posted it here. As someone who backed the game from December 2012, it's easy to forget the journey it's been on in the last 9+ years. And we're still in Alpha!

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
For many skeptics, we are still in the "troubled" phase. Tech Linked recently did a great video, but concluded with the "it may or may not be scam" type comment which is ridiculous. They do this to play it safe with their viewers.

Reactions: Raven_King

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if Star Citizen is legit, I was wise to back the game early and get my ships at a discounted price

if it's a scam, I'm a chump

that would be too much cognitive dissonance for my brain to handle

so I double down on my belief in Chris Roberts and CIG

it's given me a better understanding of the Repubtards who think Trump actually won the 2020 election

Reactions: Sky Captain
Forgot your password?