Key bindings changing mid game?

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
I have a Thrustmaster Tflight HotasX running on Windows 10 (64 bit) on a Alienware r3 i-5 with a geforce gtx 745. When in Arena Commander after I pick up a missile powerup my key binding for missile lock changes. After the power up my missile lock button cycles my displays instead. This has been an issue since prior to 2.6. Now I just started exploring the PU and found that after I quantum travel my throttle loses its center. Prior to quantum travel centering the throttle in abs brings me to a full stop. After quantum traveling centering the throttle puts me at +45 so at full stop I keep moving which makes it a little difficult to explore outside the ship.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Check the key bindings both in SC controls menu and on your joystick layout (usually a 3rd party program for remapping HOTAS controls).

Reactions: SilentB-TEST

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
Check the key bindings both in SC controls menu and on your joystick layout (usually a 3rd party program for remapping HOTAS controls).
I don't have joy2key or keypadder running. Not running steam or gog either. All my controls are mapped through SC controls. You don't think the Thrustmaster drivers windows 10 installed have mapping options do you?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Have you checked so you do not have loose contact in the USB connection, so windows loses contact with the joystick momentarly and that mess up key bindings?

Try using the stick in another usb port, have you exported your keybindings when you have them all set up as you want, then you could easy reload them and you could edit the exported keybinding .xml file in notpad wich is fairly easy to do.

:wink:

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
Have you checked so you do not have loose contact in the USB connection, so windows loses contact with the joystick momentarly and that mess up key bindings?

Try using the stick in another usb port, have you exported your keybindings when you have them all set up as you want, then you could easy reload them and you could edit the exported keybinding .xml file in notpad wich is fairly easy to do.

:wink:
Good suggestions but I tried other ports. Plus the issues are directly related to in game events (quantum travel in pu and powerups in AC so far). I have my settings exported and copied to a backup folder.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Hmm... that is strange, have you tryed the stick in any other like flight sim or similar to see that it is working right there.

My thought is if there is a internal wiring in it that is lose or something causing the game to lose connection or the wires inside get crossed and give out wrong "ascii number" for the set key which would make one button suddenly changed to something else... and when wires are not crossed all is good again.. Thinking if they are to close to each other inside so they sometime touch or short each other out...

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
Hmm... that is strange, have you tryed the stick in any other like flight sim or similar to see that it is working right there.

My thought is if there is a internal wiring in it that is lose or something causing the game to lose connection or the wires inside get crossed and give out wrong "ascii number" for the set key which would make one button suddenly changed to something else... and when wires are not crossed all is good again.. Thinking if they are to close to each other inside so they sometime touch or short each other out...
I'll do.some more troubleshooting but the issue in the PQ where as soon as I engaged quantum travel my throttle 0 position changes by +45 is consistently repeatable. Everything works as expected, I engage quantum travel and the zero throttle changes. I shut down the game, restart it, test and everything is fine, I engadge quantum travel and the throttle 0 position changes +45 again...the repeated

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
OH! when you come out of QJ your throtle is automaticly set to speed 50m/s after the jump. I always set throtle to 0 just when jump start so when coming out of jump you are doing 50m/s it's the game that set that speed so if some one jumping in directly after you don't hit you in the ass and you both explode, but moving throtle and it regain the position you set it.. if this is what you mean.
It's not a bug, it's a feature to avoid collisions after QJ ;)

Forgot your password?