Knowledge - Where does the Star Citizen hate come from?

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
In the year 1996, Chris Robert's Wing Commander games were a HUGE success.

In the same year, BattleCruiser 3000AD (a Derek Smart) 'game' was released.

I thought that you might be interested in reading this old review.
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/battlecruiser-3000-ad-review/1900-2538148/

"Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. is now out, and as one of the games with the longest development periods in computer history (seven years), it will go down in legend as the most bug-ridden, unstable, unplayable pieces of software ever released."

Notice it says that ---
"as one of the games with the longest development periods in computer history (seven years),"

If you found this bit of knowledge interesting please LIKE the post.
Knowledge is always a good thing.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Nice review! I really liked the part : "All of this is made a thousand times worse by a manual that is more like an un-manual. If I fed my dog a set of Scrabble tiles he could have crapped a better manual." Such a great analogy!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if we're being mean-spirited again that must mean that the Holiday Season is officially over

so turn off the fucking snowflakes already

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I remember that game. I was too busy playing Wing Commander to bother with that dribble of a drunken fuck. The best part of BattleCruiser 3000AD ran down the inside of Dick Dumb's leg. Or maybe the best part of Dick Dumb ran down the inside of his mommy's leg. I dunno. Was that mean enough?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
If I fed my dog a set of Scrabble tiles he could have crapped a better manual." Such a great analogy!
You beat me to that quote...that is a classic!

The other thing I want to point out is...there is a great line from an old sci-fi book, "Voyage to Yesteryear" (by James P. Hogan):
"Success is like a fart. Only your own smell good."

By successfully funding his project to the tune of almost $200, Chris Roberts has the freedom that basically no other game developer has ever had...the freedom to build *his* game the way *he* wants, with no corporate suits to have to beg or justify any of his decisions to, on a daily basis, and no worries that one day the publisher or funder will say, "OK, you are done, release it, we are through spending money on it."

So, you can bet, a lot of them are envious, but of course, the truly mentally disordered people out there are coming out of the woodwork and focusing on him, saying that is is doomed, a scam, etc. When in reality, they are all just insanely jealous.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
My favourite is this about DS:

Just shows how DS doesn't care about justice, or truth. He just wan't to throw as much poo as he can, and bends facts to his agenda
His real hate is for the consumers that consistently choose to place their trust and money with CR over DS, and in himself for consistently promising more than he knows he is capable of then delivering less than he believes he's capable of.

Forgot your password?