Koa e Ko’ia [Xi'an Endurance race]

KiwiB1rd

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2016
RSI Handle
OceanSloth
After reading through the latest Jump Point, I have become somewhat intrigued by the following snippet:

"Following years of debate, the Xi’An government decided to return
the race to Hadur in 2947, and even establish a special
division specifically for Humans to compete in"

As last year was supposed to be 2946, that would imply that the race is sometime this year. Though I doubt that the PU will be ready by the time it comes around, they way the race is run is really cool and I would love to see a TEST racing team compete in it.
Being a terrible racer myself I would be more than happy to offer my Caterpillar or Starfarer for a mobile pit crew.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yep it's 2947 aright, the first subscriber flair was "January 2947" so as long s Hadur is an accessible area you might be on to something.

As I seem not to be able to keep a connection for longer than 30 minutes I would not be suitable for any role, however it would be cool to watch. What to they count as "Endurance" when a current standard race length is 3 laps? An hour? 6 hours? 12 hours? 24?

Bearing in mind the Xi'An have longer lifespans than Humans, perhaps a Month would be more fitting an endurance test for creatures that live many hundreds of years.

That would be a reason for Human teams not to compete - if it took a week of continuous racing for the qualifying session to be completed then the race itself is outside the scope of reasonable human capability...

That's what I'd call Endurance ;)

Forgot your password?