Less than an hour till Carrack goes on sale...

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Who's rogering up as an explorer? I AM!

Way I see it, Exploration will be most exciting RIGHT OUT of release. A while back CR said something about players getting to name first time discoveries like new planets, asteroid belts, or Jump Points. Very exciting.

I think I'll be an Explorer for the first part of my SC career, then slowly move on to smuggling and piracy :p Oh, and crashing lots and lots of Auroras.

One thing I'm curious about though, is my idea of exploration is a mix between Exploring and Salvaging. I'm less excited about finding new jump points and planets as I am about finding abandoned wrecks and taking on crazy aliens and whatnot inside. Dead Space is one of my favorite games of all timer ^_^

Reactions: Cyinni and rogesh

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
Not sure if I am going to start with exploration or doing gas giant fueling runs wih the Starfarer, but I do want to get out there. I think I am going ot need at least two characters, one to be "way out there" and the other to stay home and work on economic issues like resource exploitation, transport and manufacturing. In the end they will probably be a pirate and an industry mogul, maybe brothers or cousins, or something.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Well, I'm out of the market now.
I've still got my Retaliator, which is good and fast and should have decent range.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm definitely looking forward to exploration. I really, really want to be able to point to a system and say, "That's my system."

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
It's even got a holoview so I can see it's sexiness from all angles!! HNNNNGGGGG!!! I honestly didn't expect for it to have such a damn sexy exterior given how much usefulness and potential it has as an explorer and how much of a secret the exterior seemed to be in their teaser screenshots. I think there will be a deep, deep mass grave of Aquilas that are melted for Carracks...

Reactions: CrashMan054

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Oh jeez, it's gonna happen. These are too awesome looking to resist.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
EDIT:

twitch.tv/cigcommunity/b/593084668

@2120

CR answering question about NPC crewman on the Carrack: "...The carrack is one of those ships thats on the edge, it could be or it may not be..."

Thoughts on this?

Not to excited about this....now. Grrr.

(Sorry originally posted the link to RSI subscriber area...)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?