Lessons Learned #1

Calignosity

Vice Admiral
Jul 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Calignosity
Never ever use REC to test a ship you think you might like without checking to see how much it is gonna cost to actually GET said ship. It leads to rants of "WTH do you mean it is $170+...and not even really available for sale....and I have to get it from someone else who was smart enough to buy it during concept.......and WTH do you mean it is $170+ !!!???!!!!!????"

Seriously....just don't. :)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Never ever use REC to test a ship you think you might like without checking to see how much it is gonna cost to actually GET said ship. It leads to rants of "WTH do you mean it is $170+...and not even really available for sale....and I have to get it from someone else who was smart enough to buy it during concept.......and WTH do you mean it is $170+ !!!???!!!!!????"

Seriously....just don't. :slight_smile:
Fair forewarning, this game is a money pit. It will consume your wallet just as badly as steam game sales.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Fair forewarning, this game is a money pit. It will consume your wallet just as badly as steam game sales.
So so true~ Just dump a little money into the game a time if you like a ship just keep renting it once a week until the game comes out. After it comes out and you still like it go earn it in game. I wont buy anything voyager direct I just rent all my guns every week for the rest of my life.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
So so true~ Just dump a little money into the game a time if you like a ship just keep renting it once a week until the game comes out. After it comes out and you still like it go earn it in game. I wont buy anything voyager direct I just rent all my guns every week for the rest of my life.
But you can't use those ship in the PU

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Seriously....just don't. :slight_smile:
It does just rankle your hide eh? I stopped renting. I just keep buying ships, then melting them, then re-buying, then buying others, then changing my mind, then melting . . . .

It's a vicious cycle.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Yea it's a rude wake up call at first. My first pledge was the avenger pack, 6 months insurance I think. The more I got involved in the community, the more I learned about the development and the history.. I then starting doing LTI tokens and CCU to ships I wanted.. Then I realized.. I didn't like how CCU's look in my hangar and that I didn't get matching flairs and that I have minimal liquidation options if for any reason I want to bail my pledges to the grey market.. if forbid I ever decide SC wasn't for me.. well.. pretty sure I'll never feel that way. So then I ended up pledging more and more and now I'm in deep.. just not too deep yet. If it time, you might get that ship eventually.

And keep in mind, you can earn almost anything in game.. so a base package is perfectly fine. Only pledge what you're comfortable pledging.. don't let pledging become unhealthy.. I push that boundary way too often.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ahhh, I know how you feel. I rended a 350R in 2.5, really REALLY liked it, but one day I suddenly found myself beyond the barrier after a glitch, and flew round the broken moon and down to the planet surface...

I don't know if anyone else had been able to explore like that before but I loved it and I really feel 3.0 is going to bring me even more amazing exploration.

How could I not own the first ship i'd ever had an adventure in?

Last edited:

Vindictive69

Commander
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Vindictive69
Rofl...yes it is a Sabre. I have a 325a...love it...THEN tried the Sabre. I waaaant! *cries*

Lol... someday. :slight_smile:
I picked up my sabre when they had the stealth fighter pack sale at the same time as the Eclipse concept sale (which i had to pick up. :/ ). The sabre is my favorite single seat fighter and its stealthier than the others. Wish i was around when they had the comet variant for sale though :/

Edit: FYI.. the weapon rentals dont count time in the PU last time i looked, only in arena so you can keep them a lot longer if you dont run the weapons in arena. Not sure about the ship rentals though.

Forgot your password?