deleted

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Sabre Raven codes come up in discussion from time to time.. may still be a thing you can find.

I'd honestly expect an in-game purchasable variant of it to show up eventually.

It's not the greatest of fighters, although I've not taken mine out to test in 3.10 as yet. The EMP is middle of the pack, the 2 size 3's come up short compared to other fighters. Having the 3rd shield gen and extra powerplant works sweet tho.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hey!

I've been sourcing parts for a PC build I'm making for my oldest child (just need the GPU now, talk about a crazy market right now) and I was thinking to get them a game package as a fun surprise (they're always watching me play) but I'm not sure what to get. I was thinking about starting them off with a LTI of some kind but I haven't bought a package since 2014 so I don't know what's out there for a starting player. Thinking about the Titan package but I figure there's got to be other stuff out there..anyways all opinions are welcome, let me know your thoughts!

The rest of what I'm looking for is for me: A Ranger (LTI is a plus not required). The second is an old unicorn I passed on and now regret, a Sabre Raven. Long shot I know but I'm not worried, figure I'll find one eventually.

Regardless, thanks for your time and advice, catch you in the 'verse:like:
Last game packege that came with LTI was the Pisces if I remember correctly, but for a good start I'll suggest to look to a good ship instead of the insurance.
Get him an Avenger, a cutlass black or a Freelancer base: all of this a ship able to allow a new player to get involve in all the aspect of the game in the current state, and for the Cutty when the R.O.C.K. will became avalable will also allow players to mine good amount of cash without the need to have a Prospector.

Get involve into more aspect of the game is the most important thing for a new player, if then you'll defenetly wont an LTI game packege then you'll still be a ble to make him a present in the future when such oppotunity will arise (and also keep the initial money for other ship to buy with store credit...)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Unless you know better what a player would gravitate toward in their interest, I suggest the starter package and Mustang to 325A upgrade. That ship is a step above the Avenger which most consider the best starter. If a player gets into a fight with an Avenger, they have a reasonable expectation to dominate, which makes learning much more fun.

The principle here is similar to why you don't buy student musicians student instruments. They all suck, and handing someone a shitty instrument is the best way to demotivate them. Hand them a tool that does the job well and is a joy to use, and they'll have much better opportunity and motivation to learn and grow.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Unless you know better what a player would gravitate toward in their interest, I suggest the starter package and Mustang to 325A upgrade. That ship is a step above the Avenger which most consider the best starter. If a player gets into a fight with an Avenger, they have a reasonable expectation to dominate, which makes learning much more fun.

The principle here is similar to why you don't buy student musicians student instruments. They all suck, and handing someone a shitty instrument is the best way to demotivate them. Hand them a tool that does the job well and is a joy to use, and they'll have much better opportunity and motivation to learn and grow.
We all know the Javelin package is the best starter package out there i mean what other ship has that good of ramming potential?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hey!

I've been sourcing parts for a PC build I'm making for my oldest child (just need the GPU now, talk about a crazy market right now) and I was thinking to get them a game package as a fun surprise (they're always watching me play) but I'm not sure what to get. I was thinking about starting them off with a LTI of some kind but I haven't bought a package since 2014 so I don't know what's out there for a starting player. Thinking about the Titan package but I figure there's got to be other stuff out there..anyways all opinions are welcome, let me know your thoughts!

The rest of what I'm looking for is for me: A Ranger (LTI is a plus not required). The second is an old unicorn I passed on and now regret, a Sabre Raven. Long shot I know but I'm not worried, figure I'll find one eventually.

Regardless, thanks for your time and advice, catch you in the 'verse:like:
Here's my advice for whatever it's worth.

I recommend waiting at least a month or 2 before purchasing any major parts that you have selected currently because the big 3 (AMD, Intel & NVidia) will all have new content available then, which means the current items you want will take a sweet discount for them to clear out back stock. It also gives you time for the items that are currently out of stock to possibly become available. (Power supplies especially)

As for the ships, I'd either recommend finding an available Pisces game pack with LTI or wait until either there's a cheap concept sale before the Anniversary sale Or wait for the Anniversary sale to pick something up with either LTI or however long of insurance they'll be offering because it'll definitely be longer than the standard 6 months. Aim low in cost, so that once your kid knows what sort of game play they want to enjoy most, then you can obtain a CCU upgrade from that into what they'll enjoy more step by step.

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
There are usually some posts here in the marketplace where you should be able to find some LTI packages available for sale from other members. Way more options this way than what is currently for sale or in your buybakcs.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
@DirectorGunner you got anything to help this fine gentlemen? he says he will help build your house for you.
I have no idea why I did not see this till now... lol... well better late than never?
Building a PC, timing is just so ridiculous to deal with these days, it is like a few months after a build the new tech makes the old tech look like poopoo. I feel discouraged to upgrade. I think my EVGA 1080ti Hybrid FTWs still have some usable life left in them. More power to those brave souls who dive into new builds.

As far as LTI bikes, I have plenty
https://testsquadron.com/threads/original-lti-ships-and-ground-vehicles-for-testies.9423/
except for the newer stuff that was cash only for LTI. I do not remember but I think the ranger bike kit (the 3 variants) was Warbond only for LTI right?
If so I was too cheap to get more than one or two.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have no idea why I did not see this till now... lol... well better late than never?
Building a PC, timing is just so ridiculous to deal with these days, it is like a few months after a build the new tech makes the old tech look like poopoo. I feel discouraged to upgrade. I think my EVGA 1080ti Hybrid FTWs still have some usable life left in them. More power to those brave souls who dive into new builds.

As far as LTI bikes, I have plenty
https://testsquadron.com/threads/original-lti-ships-and-ground-vehicles-for-testies.9423/
except for the newer stuff that was cash only for LTI. I do not remember but I think the ranger bike kit (the 3 variants) was Warbond only for LTI right?
If so I was too cheap to get more than one or two.
I don't think that you were cheap at all my friend @DirectorGunner . As I recall you had a LOT going on during that sale, so you were most likely being wise with your spending to help take care of your family. There's nothing wrong with that.

If your 1080ti doesn't have any time left in the tank, then my RX 480 OC was telling me lies when I logged in & ran a couple trade runs a few days before the Free Fly Event.

• Love
Reactions: DirectorGunner
Forgot your password?