Loremakers Community Questions post on RSI

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Just stumbled upon the Loremakers Community Questions post on RSI which looks to have been uploaded today:

One thing in there which really jumped out to be was:
Since Humans and Tevarin breathe similar atmospheres, the world was never terraformed and the planet's original environment remains intact.
I was certain Kaleeth was terraformed like Garron IV however it appears I was mistaken. The way I had read this particular history, it was that once victorious the UEE terraformed planet Elysium IV moving it away from what the Tevar people evolved in far enough so that the indigenous people didn't want to live there anymore and spread out across the Empire which had adopted them.

The finding that their home world is, atmospherically, as it was before the Wars suggests to me there will still be a very, very large population of Tevarin there and that the UEE hadn't taken over the planet quite as much as one had thought? Unless they were a small population to begin with and this is partly why the Human Empire was able to roll them over as numbers dwindled...?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Sounds like they might be modifying past lore to change the direction of the story they want to tell in the future.

I want more alien interaction so I see this as a positive.
Possible, if this is the case I don't expect to see as many Tevarin off that planet.

I was under the impression the previous lore was the UEE had claimed their homeworld and terraformed it to Human conditions, the process forcing the indiginous inhabitants from the planet who were assimilated by the UEE, then saw no point in returning to a world which was now just as uncomfortable for them as any other so stayed dispersed across the Empire and as a race was starting to decline in numbers...?

If they still have a homeworld which while seized and industrialised by humanity is still hospitable to them, I don't think they'll be having as much of an existential crisis as previously?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Just stumbled upon the Loremakers Community Questions post on RSI which looks to have been uploaded today:

One thing in there which really jumped out to be was:

I was certain Kaleeth was terraformed like Garron IV however it appears I was mistaken. The way I had read this particular history, it was that once victorious the UEE terraformed planet Elysium IV moving it away from what the Tevar people evolved in far enough so that the indigenous people didn't want to live there anymore and spread out across the Empire which had adopted them.

The finding that their home world is, atmospherically, as it was before the Wars suggests to me there will still be a very, very large population of Tevarin there and that the UEE hadn't taken over the planet quite as much as one had thought? Unless they were a small population to begin with and this is partly why the Human Empire was able to roll them over as numbers dwindled...?
I think you are confusing two things: breathig the same atmospheric composition and being confortable living in the same condition are two separate things.
Moving the planet at a different orbit don't alter the atmospheric composition, but will alter the enviroment heavily: gravity, season, climate, humidity, even air pressure will change.
Being the Tavarin an aviccular speces it could be that they'll like more humid/arid enviroment, and a more stable climate temprature then hummy witch are a way more adaptable speacies.
Just to make a realistic example: there are several speaces of fish and some off them live at the bottom of the ocean or in underwater caves: all speaces brath oxigen trought water, but that doesn't mean a salmon will survie or being confortable in the total darkness of the ocean floor like other fish do.

• o7

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Possible, if this is the case I don't expect to see as many Tevarin off that planet.

I was under the impression the previous lore was the UEE had claimed their homeworld and terraformed it to Human conditions, the process forcing the indiginous inhabitants from the planet who were assimilated by the UEE, then saw no point in returning to a world which was now just as uncomfortable for them as any other so stayed dispersed across the Empire and as a race was starting to decline in numbers...?

If they still have a homeworld which while seized and industrialised by humanity is still hospitable to them, I don't think they'll be having as much of an existential crisis as previously?

My understanding was that the "existential crisis" was always more mental. The race essentially "gave up" after defeat and became more nomadic in nature.

The Tevarin that are left are simply spread out throughout the galaxy, thus rarer to find.

Sounds like an amazing exploration mission to me ...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My understanding was that the "existential crisis" was always more mental. The race essentially "gave up" after defeat and became more nomadic in nature.

The Tevarin that are left are simply spread out throughout the galaxy, thus rarer to find.

Sounds like an amazing exploration mission to me ...
Start at Bethor station in Teranis. Supposed to be a group of 'em there.

• o7

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Start at Bethor station in Teranis. Supposed to be a group of 'em there.

Perhaps they are preparing us for the idea that a large group of Tevarin found a new solar system at the edges of the galaxy and have actually repopulated.

Perhaps they aren't as endangered as we see them and a third war is inevitable. A fight to retake home?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Perhaps CIG is starting some lore behind a sort of "Where's Waldo": Tevarin Edition for players to see how many they can locate across the Verse?

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?