Braxtin

Rear Admiral
May 10, 2017
RSI Handle
Braxtin
Jul 9, 2017
RSI Handle
HaroldSparhawk
I was able to do such a thing within Star Citizen itself. You might have to pay attention to which joystick ID your left t16000m is. For example if you plugged in your right stick first it may have an ID of "Joystick".....and if you plugged in your left stick second it may have an ID of "Joystick 1". It's been awhile since I've been in there but I hope it's still accurate.

..that may not answer your question....I'll fire up the target software later and see if I can get anywhere.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I don't use Target for SC as SC natively sees multiple joysticks and can bind them no problem. Just go into the game and bind what you want and click your left buttons and hey presto.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I don't use Target for SC as SC natively sees multiple joysticks and can bind them no problem. Just go into the game and bind what you want and click your left buttons and hey presto.
The but is that SC only supports the first 4 controllers, MFD panels also are recognized as controllers, just make sure that your flight stick and strafe stick is recognized as one of the first controllers, otherwise you can get problems if you mix forward strafe and throttle to different controllers or if you want to invert direction on a stick.

Braxtin

Rear Admiral
May 10, 2017
RSI Handle
Braxtin
I only have the KB/M and 2 JS plugged in.

I tried keybinding in game already, see the pic, and its not working. i get an error message that its already in use and do i want to proceed. Even when I hit yes it doesn't work.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I'm not running dual sticks, but I have the T.16000m FCS HOTAS. I gave up on Target after a couple hours of frustration. Picked up JoystickCurves and was happily playing (more accurately) in minutes. It doesn't offer you the same mapping functions as Target, but it's working out just fine for me. Although, you may need that mapping ability with less buttons on the left hand side. SC has the "double tap" feature that, I assume, would effectively double your buttons, but I have yet to try it out. As is, I am able to map everything I need in game. I found JoystickCurves just a better user experience overall for setting up curves. However, I am a noob to the flight stick realm. All you do to set up the axis in game is tick a box on JC that sends a virtual signal loop, click on the axis you want to bind in SC, and SC recognizes it immediately.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I only have the KB/M and 2 JS plugged in.

I tried keybinding in game already, see the pic, and its not working. i get an error message that its already in use and do i want to proceed. Even when I hit yes it doesn't work.

Yup, that is correct, before you can bind your controls, buttons and axis, you first should unbind the default bindings. Select every binding and press right mouse button.

upload_2017-7-10_6-52-41.png

You always must unbind the default bindings, with or without Target. Target combines your 2 flightsticks as one flightstick for SC.

Last edited:
Reactions: StdDev

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Not to side track anything but I just went into SC and selected the Warthog profile and saved it. This gave me almost every mapping I needed and then just tweaked and mapped a few more and I'm all set.

Target doesn't even load up for me so thought screw it and never bothered with it.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Target doesn't even load up for me so thought screw it and never bothered with it.
Are you running RivaStatistics? I spent a good half hour trying to figure out why Target was crashing on open every time. Turns out that Riva interferes with it somehow. Once I uninstalled Riva, it ran "fine". I've since uninstalled Target and reinstalled Riva lol.

Heinlein

Commander
May 28, 2017
RSI Handle
RoadTrip
Does anyone have any experience with the scripting in target?

I'm trying to set strafe left, right, up, down to my left 1600m stick but im running into issues. I.E. its not working at all :angry:

I'm using the instructions as a guide found on page 31.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_Script_Editor_Basics_v1.5_ENG.pdf
Just making sure here.

If I understand correctly you are using 2 x Thrustmasters? If so have you made one left handed and one right handed (Switch on Bottom of the Sticks)?

Many people don't even bother with the software, they should work without it. The only plus I can see to using the software is running a script that not only binds them as one joystick but gives you a shift key.

Braxtin

Rear Admiral
May 10, 2017
RSI Handle
Braxtin
Yes its set to left handed. Wife and kids wont be home tonight so i should be able to play around with this some more.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
The only plus I can see to using the software is running a script that not only binds them as one joystick but gives you a shift key.
You don't need a Shift key with the power of Voice Attack ;). Just picked it up yesterday. It is amazing in SC (and many others I'm sure).
edit- For $10, its almost silly not to buy it.

Reactions: marcsand2

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Yes its set to left handed. Wife and kids wont be home tonight so i should be able to play around with this some more.
If I remember correctly, you also have to select the Joystick to be left handed within Target (if you have not already).

Reactions: marcsand2

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Not to side track anything but I just went into SC and selected the Warthog profile and saved it. This gave me almost every mapping I needed and then just tweaked and mapped a few more and I'm all set.

Same here, I don't even use TARGET... I use the saved key settings file and if needed I edit the XML file to get the setting I want.. :beer:

Edit : But then I might add, I have Dual T16000 and the Throttle stick + 2X Thrustmaster MFD and a Logitech Racing wheel+ 6 speed gear shift attached to computer... TARGET just get confused..

Can't have to many buttons :beers: :beer:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?