Mark Skelton has left Star Citizen (CIG)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Goodbye Mark Skelton. May the gold shirt live on.

Best of luck in your new position Mark. Thanks for the hard work, hazy thoughts and great personality on camera. You'll be missed.

Bluepoint games are very lucky to have you.

Source: https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sessionid=4168562944021329&as=false&rs=false&can=https://www.linkedin.com/profile/in/mark-skelton-26b7291#profile/4785203/name:7Rkr

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/330875/goodbye-mark-skelton-may-the-gold-shirt-live-on/p1

Hm, I don't understand it: was he a really important person? Everyone is set up and there is kind of a apocalyptic mood around like "oh no, Star Citizen is finished forever" and the like. So, what is it all about this guy? Is he irreplacable? Then why let him leave CIG? I'm a little bit confused.

Do you have any explanation for all this "Noooo, CIGs going to die"-blabla within the community?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
First I've heard of it. I'm reckoning people are just overreacting. It IS humanity were talking about. Haha

Reactions: AstroSam

Amon Morell

Space Marshal
Jun 19, 2015
RSI Handle
Amon Morell
People will come and go...its like real life. I really respect Mark and respect his decision. And Sam nobody is irreplaceable in the game world.

Edit : I made a mistake...only our devine leader is not irreplaceable.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
From the RSI Forum he posted this:
First and foremost I would like to personally thank the community for being there for my family and I. You guys have shone over and over that you're more than just fans, you guys are family. I've met you guys at bar citizens, conventions, office tours and out in public and I can honestly say it's always been a pleasure! You guys are what drives this game to be great. That's why we put in the hours and go the extra mile because of the passion of the fans of Star Citizen. You guys believe in us and honestly that's what gets us out of bed in the morning.

As some of you may have heard, I am leaving Star Citizen. This was a very tough decision that was not taken lightly. As I said before, I love this project and the fans. It came down to the fact that my role as Art Director had shifted more and more towards the team in LA. I was traveling quite a bit back and forth from Austin to LA (like 2 weeks on 2 weeks off) and as you can imagine, this began to take a toll on my family and my sanity (I have learned to absolutely hate airports! lol). To be fair to the LA ship team, they honestly need an AD there full time, so CR gave me the opportunity to move to LA. Having 3 kids that range from elementary school through high school, my wife and I felt that relocating them away from their friends would suck! plus the fact that we really like living in Austin. So I've decided to move on and make room for someone who can help the team full time. I'll always love this project and what it stands for, which is ultimately freedom from oppressive publishers and the power of an awesome community. I love you guys and wish you all the absolute best!

Mark "gold shirt" Skelton
Basically he didn't want to keep traveling back and forth or move to LA. No conspiracy or apocalyptic signs here.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
This isnt the first dev gone and it wont be the last, and this happens every time someone leaves. This just gives Derek Smart something to talk about for a week. But if you need your hope rekindled just look at 2.4, also a lot of the devs you see on rtv or whatever show most of the time weren't here a year or 2 ago.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
its explained here

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/330905/gold-shirt-goodbye

First and foremost I would like to personally thank the community for being there for my family and I. You guys have shone over and over that you're more than just fans, you guys are family. I've met you guys at bar citizens, conventions, office tours and out in public and I can honestly say it's always been a pleasure! You guys are what drives this game to be great. That's why we put in the hours and go the extra mile because of the passion of the fans of Star Citizen. You guys believe in us and honestly that's what gets us out of bed in the morning.

As some of you may have heard, I am leaving Star Citizen. This was a very tough decision that was not taken lightly. As I said before, I love this project and the fans. It came down to the fact that my role as Art Director had shifted more and more towards the team in LA. I was traveling quite a bit back and forth from Austin to LA (like 2 weeks on 2 weeks off) and as you can imagine, this began to take a toll on my family and my sanity (I have learned to absolutely hate airports! lol). To be fair to the LA ship team, they honestly need an AD there full time, so CR gave me the opportunity to move to LA. Having 3 kids that range from elementary school through high school, my wife and I felt that relocating them away from their friends would suck! plus the fact that we really like living in Austin. So I've decided to move on and make room for someone who can help the team full time. I'll always love this project and what it stands for, which is ultimately freedom from oppressive publishers and the power of an awesome community. I love you guys and wish you all the absolute best!

Mark "gold shirt" Skelton

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I fully understand that decision, I was 7 when my dad got a promotion we moved from Oregon city, Oregon to just outside of Chicago, IL in 1982, I saw first hand the results of moving far from home it can have some serious down sides. It sucks to lose someone so dedicated to a project like this but such is life. Good luck to him and his family!

We will all drink beer and crash aurora's in his name... at least once.. and then after a few drinks we will be like why the hell are we doing this again?!!?!?! No reason needed!!! :P

Forgot your password?