Marry, snog, avoid..

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
So.. I got a little carried away in the latest sale and have three ships which, largely, do the same job:

Super Hornet
Sabre
Freelancer MIS

Two of these I already owned.

Yes, they all do the job (pew pew) in different ways. MIS steers more like a brick and you can't see out of the window, but boy, those guns and missiles. I feel safe in it. Sabre is sleek and stealthy (or overly shielded if you respec, albeit also overly reliant on those shields). It's risky, but its fast. And the Super Hornet.. is in between. I don't really need all three, do I?

My dilemma; I'm thinking of throwing one in and trading up the one I need least. No idea which that is. I feel like I like them all equally but I can only fly one at a time.

If it were you, which would you marry (keep for good) which would you snog (keep for now) and which which would you avoid (sell).. and for a bonus point which ship up to (say) $250-$300 would you trade up to... or not. Only criterion is I'd like it to be largely soloable. In that price bracket I already have the Cutlass Blue, Terrapin, Star Runner, and Warden :S

Anyone help me out? I know I should probably wait but.. look at the shinies!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I would keep the MIS and Sabre since IMO when I fly a fighter and pew pew I mostly fly solo and to work the SH most efficient you need to rely on a copilot and for that you have the MIS..

CHEERS! 🍻

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
So.. I got a little carried away in the latest sale and have three ships which, largely, do the same job:

Super Hornet
Sabre
Freelancer MIS

Yes, they all do the job (pew pew) in different ways. MIS steers more like a brick and you can't see out of the window, but boy, those guns and missiles. I feel safe in it. Sabre is sleek and stealthy (or overly shielded if you respec, albeit also overly reliant on those shields). It's risky, but its fast. And the Super Hornet.. is in between. I don't really need all three, do I?

My dilemma; I'm thinking of throwing one in and trading up the one I need least. No idea which that is. I feel like I like them all equally but I can only fly one at a time.

If it were you, which would you marry (keep for good) which would you snog (keep for now) and which which would you avoid (sell).. and for a bonus point which ship up to (say) $250-$300 would you trade up to... or not. Only criterion is I'd like it to be largely soloable. In that price bracket I already have the Cutlass Blue, Terrapin, Star Runner, and Warden :S

For solo duty I'd keep the MiS. You got cargo space, armor, big guns, beds to log out from... purrfect!
Sabre felt like too much glass for pve. I'd only keep it cos it looks really cool!
Haven't tried a SH in ages, I remember it was anything but super, is it any better now? Anyways, I'd bin it.
As for upgrades, no clue, I can't afford shit so I can't say lol

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I wouldnt bother with any any fighters for PU use.

Gunships is where its at, they have firepower, range, cargo and living facilities and durability.

Buy fighters with UEC at launch or rent them if possible until then.

I would trade in both the SH and Sabre and pick up a Redeemer and something like an Apollo or Star Runner as well.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Gunships is where its at, they have firepower, range, cargo and living facilities and durability.

I would trade in both the SH and Sabre and pick up a Redeemer and something like an Apollo or Star Runner as well.
I concur with this. You've already good a warden, which York get ready more use out of in the PU than a Sabre / SH. I'd keep the MIS, bin or upgrade the other two to a Redeemer, and carry on. Less ships to worry about maintaining, and more utility out of the ships you got.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I have not only married my MIS, but I tattooed her name on my ass, so yes, you might say I'm committed! 4 seats: Pilot, co-pilot/WSO, engineer 1(shields/cooling), engineer 2 (power distribution/countermeasures), and a full time turret gunner whose sole job is to keep the tail clear. Snog the murder hornet for basically the same reason, although the division of labor will be worse at least your 6 o'clock will be clear. And I don't care how shiny it is, for me the Sabre is about as useful as a Buccaneer until the stealth mechanic is fully realized, and the Buc is much cheaper

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I concur with this. You've already good a warden, which York get ready more use out of in the PU than a Sabre / SH. I'd keep the MIS, bin or upgrade the other two to a Redeemer, and carry on. Less ships to worry about maintaining, and more utility out of the ships you got.
While the Redeemer is a great option, just remember that it isn't in game yet & its loaner ship is currently a Hoplite.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Keep MIS keep Sabre in an ideal world.

Keep MIS get rid of the rest in a non ideal world!

Edit: forgot to answer the question. Snog MIS. Marry MIS. Avoid selling MIS.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

Super Hornet
Sabre
Freelancer MIS

I would have kept Sabre and MIS. I have flown Super Hornet quite exclusively the last months and i am discovering the MIS and the Sabre, and really i just fell in love with both over the Hornet. Sorry little hornet, our time together was fun, but now i'm in a hot trio, me my sabre and my mis(s)! 😍

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
I would have kept Sabre and MIS. I have flown Super Hornet quite exclusively the last months and i am discovering the MIS and the Sabre, and really i just fell in love with both over the Hornet. Sorry little hornet, our time together was fun, but now i'm in a hot trio, me my sabre and my mis(s)! 😍
MIS (currently) is my favourite out of the box.

Sabre, with default loadout, I've found quite lacklustre. Need to play about more with gimbals on the weapons and decent shields to see its real potential I think.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
MIS is a beast for now, I don't expect that ship to be this OP when the game goes live. :) People will be moving in groups and once money, repairs and reputation become a thing people will simply avoid it if they can't beat it, now you are stuck in a tugboat that can't catch anything, can't sneak up on anything and I know me personally I wont be traveling alone when the game is live it will be groups or packs. I do think the MIS will be a huge asset in groups that want to take down larger ships, I just don't see the 1vs1 combat value here, I know if I saw this thing and I was alone I would just avoid it or tell some TESTY with a Eclipse to come kill it for me.

Forgot your password?