Meat Popsicle Ready to Fly (X-Post from r/TestSquadron)

Canalar

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Canalar
After spending the first year or so of my time in the SC community as a lurker, I've decided to find a place to call home. Once I saw the home org page on RSI, though, I knew I had found the right squardon. As a Grand Admiral who clearly has more disposable income than sense, I promise that, if accepted, I will bring an impressive array of unexploded ordinance... err... starships to your cause. Not only that, but I am a Technical Sergeant in the USAF, and I possess all of the not-considerable piloting skills one might expect from an enlisted Airman in a service where only Officers do the flying.

Join me and together we can rule the 'verse as... squints at the screen hmm... wrong application. clears throat Let me join you, and I promise to make explosive statements until they cancel my insurance!

Boring App Stuff:
Names:
  • Reddit, Wrench_Ninja
  • RSI Forums, Canalar
  • TestSquadron.com, Canalar
  • Steam, Endar45
Skills:
  • Able to devour an entire sci-fi novel in the time it takes to fly from Tokyo to Seattle (unlike those terrorist kindles, the flight attendants usually do not instruct me to turn my book off).
  • Can thoroughly document equipment failures (and occasionally repair them).
  • AAA-Platinum forum lurking credentials that I have just lost.
  • USAF-trained to follow orders that are doomed to failure ('our course through system takes us through the sun? Ehh... it'll be fine - the captain knows what he's doing.').
Interests:
  • Interstellar high-tech violence (using starships; handguns are so 9 centuries ago) including military operations, bounty hunting, piracy, and Friday Night Friendly Fire

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Welcome to TEST, Canalar!
Seems i found the man that will bring me my ship back, after pirates stole it... in full force. :)

Reactions: Canalar

Canalar

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Canalar
I'll certainly do what I can! I'm sure at least part of your ship will still be tractored to mine when I get back!

Oh! I have also recently developed reading comprehension, and can now answer the questions in the sticky:

Where you from stranger?
Tokyo, Japan (previously San Antonio, Texas), though I'll likely be moving back to the US sometime early next year.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I've been a fan of space sims for a long time (they were several of the best games back when I was a teenager learning how to be a scrub gamer). CR's products, in particular, were superlative - so I'm wagering more money than I should that he makes another winner.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Mostly PvP, but sometimes it might be nice to spend an evening drinking while playing "bounce the Aurora off the wormhole".

What was the first game you remember playing?
Chopper Commando, a DOS game written by a 15 year old that features 4 (!) colors and impossibly-fast gameplay on computers with a turbo button. Legend of the Red Dragon if it needs to be multiplayer.

What other games do you play?
Housing Simulator 2014 (WildStar), Minecraft, Global Thermonuclear War.

Picard or Kirk?
Picard; Kirk is more of an interstellar cowboy, and if I'm picking one of those I'll go with Mal.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
You just have been accepted! Picard was the right answer! and interest in interstellar violence!

welcome :D

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome to the group! Lovely resume! You are easily the most qualified member in our history!

Forgot your password?