mechs/titansuit

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The issue I see is anything much bulkier than Heavy Armor, as it exists now, doesn't really fit in anything.
It isn't like Starship Troopers (The book, not the movies) where we have dropships/retrieval boats and drop pods to deliver and recover something the size of a Marauder suit much less units of them. (The Animated Series (Rough Necks) has Marauder suits that are closer to what everyone was wearing in the novel.)

As it stands now, you would be hard pressed to deploy and recover a platoon of Marines in Medium Armor with an Idirs.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I frikking LOVE mechs Mr. Bigglesworth!

Heavy Gear, G-Nome, Mech Warrior, Armored Core, Giant battling robots are totally my bag, baby - Bikity bam!

As for clipping... so s1 guns having to be hand held clips because the mech has to hold the gun in front of it? Armored Core let you remove the arms and just put guns there if you wanted so there goes the clipping issue - no arms, no problem... for the short term at least. A pair of S3's would do nicely instead of a stupid pair of arms, you're only going to put guns in the hands of the arms anyway so make the arms guns and you're sorted.

Mech Warrior only had a hand full of Mechs with arms with hands, Atlas and that other one and the rest like the TimberWolf just has some gun mounts. Catapult didn't have any appendages at all, just missile pods and chin lasers. Don't forget you can shoulder mount large ordinance and some of those dumb fire Rocket Pods would definitely feel at home on a light mech.

This has caught my imagination far too readily... Gotta get the TWRL thread back up and running - how to attack mechs from the air - electrified nets? Big bloody bombs? Towing cables like off of star wars 5? Just ramming it with an Aurora?

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Just imagine the size of the keg they will be able to lift onto our ships!!!! And crush them!!! Then we drink and don't care about having no ship any more.

Forgot your password?