Memorial Day - Thanks for your service.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Monday May 29th is Memorial Day in America.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all service members and former service members and their loved ones. Yes, we must never forget those that support from home.

Regardless of what country you served for, THANK YOU.............
Much appreciated...........

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Monday May 29th is Memorial Day in America.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all service members and former service members and their loved ones. Yes, we must never forget those that support from home.

Regardless of what country you served for, THANK YOU.............
Much appreciated...........
Thank you for the support.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I woke this morning ready for work, and discovered a little too late that it's Memorial Day. American holidays often sneak up on me. In Canada, we have Remembrance Day on November 11. Nonetheless. Remember them. I have a little personal story that's relevant I think.

When I was about 12 or 13, the summer before American involvement in Vietnam ended, my family was on a camping trip. One day, while wandering around a campsite somewhere in Colorado, met a young G.I. who had just returned from Vietnam a short time before. He was wearing army fatigues, just standing on the shore of a lake skipping rocks. We started talking. I remember mostly that he was a nice guy. He talked mostly about growing up, where he was from (Denver, I remember that), but a little about Vietnam too. He met my father on the second day we were there. I remember we took the guy fishing that afternoon. My father was a fighter pilot, and had also been to Vietnam. Many people don't know, but several Canadians also served in Vietnam, mostly as advisers and observers. He and my father had some long chats too. Later my father told me that the guy had been drafted into the infantry right out of high school. I'd seen enough of the news to know what that was about.

On the third day, he came to our campsite, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and sat and spoke with my father for a while, they shook hands. He then came to find me, and said that he was happy to have met me, that I reminded him of himself in another life. He then left, I guess, to live his life.

My father encouraged me every November 11th while I was at home, to remember that guy. That was our day of remembrance, but I remember him on other days too. I've remember that guy, every year since. I think about his story, and think what it must have been like to have been 18 years old, and to find yourself in a situation like that.

Today, I thought about him again, and I wonder if he was ever able to find what he was seeking. He'd be in his mid-60's now I suppose. I sometimes can't help but wonder whatever came of him.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Aha, thx, november 1 is the day off all the death people in Slovenia.

I dont get it why is there a post about remembering US servis members.
We should leave the political things out off TEST.

My personal opinion is that the US is is the number 1 world terorist....Irak, Libia, suporting the ISIS in Siria, Bombing Serbia....i could write for hours, but i wont....

Leave that for for other people.

Glory to TEST.

P.S. Sorry for my English, im drunk.
You accuse 330 million people of being terrorists because of where they are born and the only thing you apologize for is your english?

Am I the only one who thinks this is not OK?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
You accuse 330 million people of being terrorists because of where they are born and the only thing you apologize for is your english?

Am I the only one who thinks this is not OK?
I don't he's blaming every single citizen of the USA of being a terrorist but I also don't think it's okay to say "X is a Y" especially when the person saying it wants to leave the political things out of TEST.

Im not a mod but I strongly suggest we all stay on topic or this thread will no doubt be deleted very soon.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I don't he's blaming every single citizen of the USA of being a terrorist but I also don't think it's okay to say "X is a Y" especially when the person saying it wants to leave the political things out of TEST.

Im not a mod but I strongly suggest we all stay on topic or this thread will no doubt be deleted very soon.
I'm not a mod either. I don't believe I need to be one to stand up and call BS when people are crossing the line. I don't disrespect anyone else's culture and I didnt join TEST to be accused of Terrorism.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone.

See? Back on topic :)

Jasum

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Jasum
Keeping with the theme of getting back to the topic. Today I'm remembering SSG Brian Jacobson. He was my FLL on deployment and was an outstanding role model and friend. 2 years after we came back home he was killed in a car crash by a distracted driver.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
My personal opinion is that the US is is the number 1 world terorist....Irak, Libia, suporting the ISIS in Siria, Bombing Serbia....i could write for hours, but i wont....

P.S. Sorry for my English, im drunk.
Not a mod either but

Logical fallacy of overgeneralization... at the very least. I'll at least say it's off base.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?