Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
See, they said it!

View: https://youtu.be/LhWOiw_5Pvg?t=3134

But no. I figured you guys would rather just know the highlights of the talk.

Merchantman is creeping along and they are still attempting to figure out if they are going to focus on getting it done or put a pin in it.

• Spirt is in white box coming along nicely.
  • Lynx is in white box based ursa on but its being pretty much reworked.
  • SRV going through final art.
  • Vulture is mostly done.
  • Hull C is in tech art. Might need to wait until game elements are added.
  • Lots of work done on damage maps to support salvage.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Merchantman is creeping along and they are still attempting to figure out if they are going to focus on getting it done or put a pin in it.
They just need a reason to wait before release and increase its price a bit more ^^

The way I see it, bumped by 50 again this IAE -> 650

Next Alien week after Invictus 2023, released at 700-750.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
They just need a reason to wait before release and increase its price a bit more ^^

The way I see it, bumped by 50 again this IAE -> 650

Next Alien week after Invictus 2023, released at 700-750.
Nah, it's the moneymaker, so they'll keep teasing it until the game itself releases in 2030. The BMM will release the next year for a final price of $1950, and it will have grown in size a few times in between, now having two hangars, a jail for unruly shoppers, no questions asked kiosk, an amusement park, a museum, 3 restaurants, the east side of London and the canary isles at the aft. But it's still a large ship, so only size 3 shields.

Jokes aside, I hope you're right about early next year release.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Nah, it's the moneymaker, so they'll keep teasing it until the game itself releases in 2030. The BMM will release the next year for a final price of $1950, and it will have grown in size a few times in between, now having two hangars, a jail for unruly shoppers, no questions asked kiosk, an amusement park, a museum, 3 restaurants, the east side of London and the canary isles at the aft. But it's still a large ship, so only size 3 shields.

Jokes aside, I hope you're right about early next year release.
The way I see it is that if its ready, release it and people will see it and want it and they can still have the price increase at events.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
The way I see it is that if its ready, release it and people will see it and want it and they can still have the price increase at events.
Well, almost nobody has any trouble with ships getting price increases before launch. But there's some strong grumbling whenever a flight ready ship gets bumped. Those are supposed to be "safe." There's been a couple bumps on flight ready ships, and CIG has had to justify them and warn of them in advance, which certainly has placated most people. Most. But I'd imagine there'd be a riot if they just kept bumping BMM for no reason after release.

Reactions: Garonman

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Well, almost nobody has any trouble with ships getting price increases before launch. But there's some strong grumbling whenever a flight ready ship gets bumped. Those are supposed to be "safe." There's been a couple bumps on flight ready ships, and CIG has had to justify them and warn of them in advance, which certainly has placated most people. Most. But I'd imagine there'd be a riot if they just kept bumping BMM for no reason after release.
Exactly. I can imagine some melting or ccu'ing the BMM if they continue to bump it.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Slight detour to the discussion but do you guys know if they are selling the 600i? I saw something about only the 890 being sold.

Reactions: FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Slight detour to the discussion but do you guys know if they are selling the 600i? I saw something about only the 890 being sold.
You probably saw 890 jump on a Quantity-limited sale schedule. Doesn't mean they're only selling 890 jump, actually it means 890 jump will be harder to buy as only a certain number will be sold.
So don't worry, this event is most decidedly for selling ships, and 600i will definitely be there. Basically all the ships will be on sale, except for Sabre Raven, Mustang Omega, the executive editions of ships and other extra special oddities.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
You probably saw 890 jump on a Quantity-limited sale schedule. Doesn't mean they're only selling 890 jump, actually it means 890 jump will be harder to buy as only a certain number will be sold.
So don't worry, this event is most decidedly for selling ships, and 600i will definitely be there. Basically all the ships will be on sale, except for Sabre Raven, Mustang Omega, the executive editions of ships and other extra special oddities.
Thank you. I wasn't looking to spend that much on a single ship to be honest but after recent events I could do with a pick-me-up and might treat it as an early present to myself

Reactions: FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Thank you. I wasn't looking to spend that much on a single ship to be honest but after recent events I could do with a pick-me-up and might treat it as an early present to myself
If you want it, but don't want to pay quite $400 for it, look at the IAE 2952 WB CCU watch thread. Especially check the SPOILER: Information for new members in the opening post.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?