Mercury Cult - Now on Live! Go Fly!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
At the feet on the seats, one says Turret Down and the other Turret Up. Could still be remote, as I remember some chatter about the ship being rearranged a bit to meet gameplay requirements. The concept turret access was in cargo hold originally, but I think John Crewe said that it was brought forward, and the cargo bay opened up just enough to fit a vehicle.

In Discord some days back, @wmk made a comment about Sarah leaving the company. Do you have any details on that? After some wonderful conversation with her at Citizencon, her leaving would be a terrible loss in my opinion.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I for one welcome remote turret seats. Anything to help avoid another Freelancer turret debacle! I was super worried when they mentioned there was a turret in the cargo bay, yet there was supposed to be room for a vehicle.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Huu I was wandering what those seat are... they defetly looks of a Crusader ship (red and white color...)m but I wasn't expecting they are for the MSR since both of the tyrret looks a bit bulky and made to fit a seat in them. Nice I'm wrong but that mean CIG have done some re-arrangement of the interior because in the initial planning there is no space for a room like that... unless they add a small secondary deck at the top of the spine...

Sarah became a Senior Concept Designer at Bulkhead interactive, partially owned by Square Enix; they are working on a new yet-to-be-announced game @Ayeteeone
I'm happy for her, and sad for us: Sara is a tremendus desingner and I'll love to see more ship made from her... but now I'm intrigue to see next Square game..

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Is anyone else just gonna use their mercury as a glorified camper van, but with enough cpu power to run Crysis on the evenings and weekends???

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Is anyone else just gonna use their mercury as a glorified camper van, but with enough cpu power to run Crysis on the evenings and weekends???
Good idea, but I'd rather attempt to meta warp SC by having my character use the servers in the MSR to hack into the network internally to be able to play SC himself. Surely that should set off some sort of alert in the CIG system if not crash a server or more from the endless loop that might generate.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Update:
I just stumble upon a tread in spectrum about those seats and someone notice that under the closer seat (the one labled "turret down" there is actually an hole for the seat to slide into.
Speculation is that the MSR still have the manned turret but instead for them to be perfectly stacked one on the ohter, like in the Conny, they are slightly shifted back and fort on the ship spine.
If that is the case the two seat are oriented along the ship length so 90° turned compared to the front of the ship...
That still means that the ship has a complex interior rewokr compared to the initial plan, siche there is no way they can create that space in the center of the ship without cutting away a portion of the cargo bay (that is unlikely they have done to allow the ship to carry a rover...)

Hey we need ot have some retro-gaming lan party somewhere right?? and the tor collection need to be stored someware....

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If by camper van you mean "smuggling drugs across the border"

...then yes.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If by camper van you mean "smuggling drugs across the border"

...then yes.
Is it really you smuggling the drugs across the border, or are the drugs actually smuggling you at this point? ;p

Maybe it's somebody smuggling the Gecko brothers from place to place from Dusk 'til Dawn?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Is it really you smuggling the drugs across the border, or are the drugs actually smuggling you at this point? ;p

Maybe it's somebody smuggling the Gecko brothers from place to place from Dusk 'til Dawn?
The MSR smuggles the most dangerous resource in the verse: Fun.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Any word as to whether the turrets are pilot controllable yet?
Considering that they are manned turret the chances that are also bound to the pilot "out of the box" right now are really none existing IMHO.
IF in the future there will be the option to integrate this turret with a specific computer blade for this purpose I suppose the MSR whont have any problem finding some space for them with 4 server rack...

Forgot your password?