Metal TEST Squadron Logos - Batch #2 coming soon!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Thank you @Doc Flanigan and @marcsand2 for the forwarding, arrived today !

I need to find it some place on my wall, but the gaming room walls are litterally covered by 7 shelves of games 😇

I'll find it a decent spot on the wall someday, for now it will sit there.

1638267575758.png

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
The quality is really great, very nice polish, and sturdy !

The bigger one would probably not have fitted in the shelve.
Thank you for the kind words! I take a lot of pride in my work. I'm happy to see it being enjoyed and cherished by others.

I love the collection of game boxes on your shelves! 7 shelves full?! That's incredible!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I love the collection of game boxes on your shelves! 7 shelves full?! That's incredible!
35+ years of gaming in that room ;)
I stopped purchasing boxed game some years ago, save the space, though I really prefer the box model and love all those old games with lenghty illustratred manual where you had more in the manual than the game itself ^^
I only buy boxes for shiny collectors for franchise I like or Kickstarters/FIG now. But the recent years collectors take even more space heh, like for Skyrim, Cyberpunk or Fallout76, because of the items shipped with them...

2 of the shelves are with CD jewel boxes or DVD boxes, the rest is old boxes. All are PC only, consoles and cartridges are in boxes in the cellar.

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
35+ years of gaming in that room ;)
I stopped purchasing boxed game some years ago, save the space, though I really prefer the box model and love all those old games with lenghty illustratred manual where you had more in the manual than the game itself ^^
I only buy boxes for shiny collectors for franchise I like or Kickstarters/FIG now. But the recent years collectors take even more space heh, like for Skyrim, Cyberpunk or Fallout76, because of the items shipped with them...

2 of the shelves are with CD jewel boxes or DVD boxes, the rest is old boxes. All are PC only, consoles and cartridges are in boxes in the cellar.
And this is why I still buy the collectors edition so I can get the box and figurines. I still have the massive manual for Falcon 4.0.

Reactions: vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
And this is why I still buy the collectors edition so I can get the box and figurines. I still have the massive manual for Falcon 4.0.
Same got half a shelf with old sims games including Falcon.

My biggest regret for games was giving away my Atari collection of Sims when I was a teenager... The first game I bought with my own real cash as a kid was Battle of Britain from Lucasfilm games and F16 Combat Pilot from Digital integration. Their manuals were simply awesome! Mint condition, and I just gave them away with all the presents I received then.
Same for all the Thomson TO8 games our family had, some are even completely lost for ROMs now on abandonware sites...

Reactions: Bambooza

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Batch #2 Update - I'm beginning the work on the next batch now. I'm still going to offer regular small and large logos, and I'm hoping to offer some division/profession logos as well, such as Yellow Jackets, Rock Raiders, Drunk Squad, Pirates and more. These should be ready in January 2022. I will post pictures as I make progress on these.

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Hey All - Just wanted to provide a bit of an update and apologize for the radio silence lately.

Back in January I began work on Batch #2, and then out of the blue we found the house of our dreams, and relocated in February. From Feburary until now, not only have we been unpacking, but also we've been constructing a new workshop! There has been lots of red tape, inspections, material delays, worker shortages, etc... but I'm happy to say as of last week that is all behind us! The new workspace is built and set up. Work on this next batch will continue ASAP. I'll be posting pictures here throughout the process, and hope to take pre-orders within a month or so.

o7
Doc Flanigan

Amun Khonsu

Captain
Donor
Jan 28, 2022
RSI Handle
Amun-Khonsu
Hey All - Just wanted to provide a bit of an update and apologize for the radio silence lately.

Back in January I began work on Batch #2, and then out of the blue we found the house of our dreams, and relocated in February. From Feburary until now, not only have we been unpacking, but also we've been constructing a new workshop! There has been lots of red tape, inspections, material delays, worker shortages, etc... but I'm happy to say as of last week that is all behind us! The new workspace is built and set up. Work on this next batch will continue ASAP. I'll be posting pictures here throughout the process, and hope to take pre-orders within a month or so.

o7
Doc Flanigan
Looks great! Keep us posted. I need one to hang up in my workshop!

Reactions: Doc Flanigan

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Good work doc building a new workshop just for us testis is something highly commendable!!

Reactions: Doc Flanigan

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan

o7
Doc Flanigan
Hey all - Sorry for more radio silence. I'm still here, but have had some weird vertigo and balance issues after having Covid in June. It's been very difficult to get around day to day, and Ive had little to no energy to do any type of metal work or extra projects after work. I've recently started physical therapy and have seen some good results. Hopefully I'll be back to doing metal work, and more custom TEST logos soon. I'll keep you all updated. Sorry for the continued delay.

• o7
Reactions: vahadar
Forgot your password?